[00/10] cleanup btrfs_ioctl_setflags and btrfs_set_prop
mbox series

Message ID 20190420114900.15472-1-anand.jain@oracle.com
Headers show
Series
  • cleanup btrfs_ioctl_setflags and btrfs_set_prop
Related show

Message

Anand Jain April 20, 2019, 11:48 a.m. UTC
A set of pathes to clean up btrfs_ioctl_setflags(), btrfs_set_prop_trans()
and btrfs_set_prop(). So as to avoidi duplicate code in
btrfs_ioctl_setflags() and killing of btrfs_set_prop_trans().

Anand Jain (10):
  btrfs: refactor btrfs_set_props to validate externally
  btrfs: export btrfs_set_prop
  btrfs: start transaction in btrfs_ioctl_setflags()
  btrfs: drop useless inode i_flags copy and restore
  btrfs: make a local copy of btrfs_inode flags before update
  btrfs: drop old_fsflags in btrfs_ioctl_setflags
  btrfs: drop local copy of inode i_mode
  btrfs: start transaction in xattr_handler_set_prop
  btrfs: delete unused function btrfs_set_prop_trans
  btrfs: btrfs_set_prop trans is never null

 fs/btrfs/ioctl.c | 111 ++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------------
 fs/btrfs/props.c |  56 ++++++++++--------------
 fs/btrfs/props.h |   6 ++-
 fs/btrfs/xattr.c |  26 ++++++++++-
 4 files changed, 105 insertions(+), 94 deletions(-)

Comments

David Sterba April 24, 2019, 3:14 p.m. UTC | #1
On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 07:48:50PM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
> A set of pathes to clean up btrfs_ioctl_setflags(), btrfs_set_prop_trans()
> and btrfs_set_prop(). So as to avoidi duplicate code in
> btrfs_ioctl_setflags() and killing of btrfs_set_prop_trans().
> 
> Anand Jain (10):
>   btrfs: refactor btrfs_set_props to validate externally
>   btrfs: export btrfs_set_prop
>   btrfs: start transaction in btrfs_ioctl_setflags()
>   btrfs: drop useless inode i_flags copy and restore
>   btrfs: make a local copy of btrfs_inode flags before update
>   btrfs: drop old_fsflags in btrfs_ioctl_setflags
>   btrfs: drop local copy of inode i_mode
>   btrfs: start transaction in xattr_handler_set_prop
>   btrfs: delete unused function btrfs_set_prop_trans
>   btrfs: btrfs_set_prop trans is never null

Looks good to me, I'll add it to misc-next as it's only a cleanup
series, now that we're getting close to 5.2 code freeze.
Anand Jain April 26, 2019, 6:20 a.m. UTC | #2
On 24/4/19 11:14 PM, David Sterba wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 07:48:50PM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
>> A set of pathes to clean up btrfs_ioctl_setflags(), btrfs_set_prop_trans()
>> and btrfs_set_prop(). So as to avoidi duplicate code in
>> btrfs_ioctl_setflags() and killing of btrfs_set_prop_trans().
>>
>> Anand Jain (10):
>>    btrfs: refactor btrfs_set_props to validate externally
>>    btrfs: export btrfs_set_prop
>>    btrfs: start transaction in btrfs_ioctl_setflags()
>>    btrfs: drop useless inode i_flags copy and restore
>>    btrfs: make a local copy of btrfs_inode flags before update
>>    btrfs: drop old_fsflags in btrfs_ioctl_setflags
>>    btrfs: drop local copy of inode i_mode
>>    btrfs: start transaction in xattr_handler_set_prop
>>    btrfs: delete unused function btrfs_set_prop_trans
>>    btrfs: btrfs_set_prop trans is never null
> 
> Looks good to me, I'll add it to misc-next as it's only a cleanup
> series, now that we're getting close to 5.2 code freeze.
> 
Thanks.
I thought I will take a look, looks like its not yet pushed?
Which is the most updated? repo gitlab/github?
-Anand
David Sterba April 26, 2019, 11:49 a.m. UTC | #3
On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 02:20:08PM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
> On 24/4/19 11:14 PM, David Sterba wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 07:48:50PM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
> >> A set of pathes to clean up btrfs_ioctl_setflags(), btrfs_set_prop_trans()
> >> and btrfs_set_prop(). So as to avoidi duplicate code in
> >> btrfs_ioctl_setflags() and killing of btrfs_set_prop_trans().
> >>
> >> Anand Jain (10):
> >>    btrfs: refactor btrfs_set_props to validate externally
> >>    btrfs: export btrfs_set_prop
> >>    btrfs: start transaction in btrfs_ioctl_setflags()
> >>    btrfs: drop useless inode i_flags copy and restore
> >>    btrfs: make a local copy of btrfs_inode flags before update
> >>    btrfs: drop old_fsflags in btrfs_ioctl_setflags
> >>    btrfs: drop local copy of inode i_mode
> >>    btrfs: start transaction in xattr_handler_set_prop
> >>    btrfs: delete unused function btrfs_set_prop_trans
> >>    btrfs: btrfs_set_prop trans is never null
> > 
> > Looks good to me, I'll add it to misc-next as it's only a cleanup
> > series, now that we're getting close to 5.2 code freeze.
> > 
> Thanks.
> I thought I will take a look, looks like its not yet pushed?
> Which is the most updated? repo gitlab/github?

It's been in for-next until yesterday and I've merged it to misc-next
after that so it'll be out today.