[net-next,0/3] net: ethernet: ti: cpsw: Add XDP support
mbox series

Message ID 20190523182035.9283-1-ivan.khoronzhuk@linaro.org
Headers show
Series
  • net: ethernet: ti: cpsw: Add XDP support
Related show

Message

Ivan Khoronzhuk May 23, 2019, 6:20 p.m. UTC
This patchset add XDP support for TI cpsw driver and base it on
page_pool allocator. It was verified on af_xdp socket drop,
af_xdp l2f, ebpf XDP_DROP, XDP_REDIRECT, XDP_PASS, XDP_TX.

It was verified with following configs enabled:
CONFIG_JIT=y
CONFIG_BPFILTER=y
CONFIG_BPF_SYSCALL=y
CONFIG_XDP_SOCKETS=y
CONFIG_BPF_EVENTS=y
CONFIG_HAVE_EBPF_JIT=y
CONFIG_BPF_JIT=y
CONFIG_CGROUP_BPF=y

Link on previous RFC:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/4/17/861

Also regular tests with iperf2 were done in order to verify impact on
regular netstack performance, compared with base commit:
https://pastebin.com/JSMT0iZ4

Based on net-next/master

Ivan Khoronzhuk (3):
  net: ethernet: ti: davinci_cpdma: add dma mapped submit
  net: ethernet: ti: davinci_cpdma: return handler status
  net: ethernet: ti: cpsw: add XDP support

 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/Kconfig         |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw.c          | 570 +++++++++++++++++++++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw_ethtool.c  |  55 ++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw_priv.h     |   9 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c | 122 +++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.h |   6 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_emac.c  |  18 +-
 7 files changed, 675 insertions(+), 106 deletions(-)

Comments

Ilias Apalodimas May 24, 2019, 9:41 a.m. UTC | #1
Hi Ivan,

More XDP drivers, that's good!
> This patchset add XDP support for TI cpsw driver and base it on
> page_pool allocator. It was verified on af_xdp socket drop,
> af_xdp l2f, ebpf XDP_DROP, XDP_REDIRECT, XDP_PASS, XDP_TX.
> 
> It was verified with following configs enabled:
> CONFIG_JIT=y
> CONFIG_BPFILTER=y
> CONFIG_BPF_SYSCALL=y
> CONFIG_XDP_SOCKETS=y
> CONFIG_BPF_EVENTS=y
> CONFIG_HAVE_EBPF_JIT=y
> CONFIG_BPF_JIT=y
> CONFIG_CGROUP_BPF=y
> 
> Link on previous RFC:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/4/17/861
> 
The recycling pattern has changed i'll have a closer look in the weekend and let
you know
> Also regular tests with iperf2 were done in order to verify impact on
> regular netstack performance, compared with base commit:
> https://pastebin.com/JSMT0iZ4
Do you have any XDP related numbers?
> 
> Based on net-next/master
> 
> Ivan Khoronzhuk (3):
>   net: ethernet: ti: davinci_cpdma: add dma mapped submit
>   net: ethernet: ti: davinci_cpdma: return handler status
>   net: ethernet: ti: cpsw: add XDP support
> 
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/Kconfig         |   1 +
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw.c          | 570 +++++++++++++++++++++---
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw_ethtool.c  |  55 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw_priv.h     |   9 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c | 122 +++--
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.h |   6 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_emac.c  |  18 +-
>  7 files changed, 675 insertions(+), 106 deletions(-)
> 
> -- 
> 2.17.1
> 
Thanks
/Ilias