[v8,net-next,0/5] net: ethernet: ti: cpsw: Add XDP support
mbox series

Message ID 20190705150502.6600-1-ivan.khoronzhuk@linaro.org
Headers show
Series
  • net: ethernet: ti: cpsw: Add XDP support
Related show

Message

Ivan Khoronzhuk July 5, 2019, 3:04 p.m. UTC
This patchset adds XDP support for TI cpsw driver and base it on
page_pool allocator. It was verified on af_xdp socket drop,
af_xdp l2f, ebpf XDP_DROP, XDP_REDIRECT, XDP_PASS, XDP_TX.

It was verified with following configs enabled:
CONFIG_JIT=y
CONFIG_BPFILTER=y
CONFIG_BPF_SYSCALL=y
CONFIG_XDP_SOCKETS=y
CONFIG_BPF_EVENTS=y
CONFIG_HAVE_EBPF_JIT=y
CONFIG_BPF_JIT=y
CONFIG_CGROUP_BPF=y

Link on previous v7:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/7/4/715

Also regular tests with iperf2 were done in order to verify impact on
regular netstack performance, compared with base commit:
https://pastebin.com/JSMT0iZ4

v7..v8:
- corrected dma calculation based on headroom instead of hard start
- minor comment changes

v6..v7:
- rolled back to v4 solution but with small modification
- picked up patch:
  https://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg583145.html
- added changes related to netsec fix and cpsw


v5..v6:
- do changes that is rx_dev while redirect/flush cycle is kept the same
- dropped net: ethernet: ti: davinci_cpdma: return handler status
- other changes desc in patches

v4..v5:
- added two plreliminary patches:
  net: ethernet: ti: davinci_cpdma: allow desc split while down
  net: ethernet: ti: cpsw_ethtool: allow res split while down
- added xdp alocator refcnt on xdp level, avoiding page pool refcnt
- moved flush status as separate argument for cpdma_chan_process
- reworked cpsw code according to last changes to allocator
- added missed statistic counter

v3..v4:
- added page pool user counter
- use same pool for ndevs in dual mac
- restructured page pool create/destroy according to the last changes in API

v2..v3:
- each rxq and ndev has its own page pool

v1..v2:
- combined xdp_xmit functions
- used page allocation w/o refcnt juggle
- unmapped page for skb netstack
- moved rxq/page pool allocation to open/close pair
- added several preliminary patches:
  net: page_pool: add helper function to retrieve dma addresses
  net: page_pool: add helper function to unmap dma addresses
  net: ethernet: ti: cpsw: use cpsw as drv data
  net: ethernet: ti: cpsw_ethtool: simplify slave loops

Ivan Khoronzhuk (5):
  net: core: page_pool: add user refcnt and reintroduce
    page_pool_destroy
  net: ethernet: ti: davinci_cpdma: add dma mapped submit
  net: ethernet: ti: davinci_cpdma: allow desc split while down
  net: ethernet: ti: cpsw_ethtool: allow res split while down
  net: ethernet: ti: cpsw: add XDP support

 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_main.c |   4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/socionext/netsec.c       |   8 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/Kconfig               |   1 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw.c                | 502 ++++++++++++++++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw_ethtool.c        |  57 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw_priv.h           |   7 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c       | 106 +++-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.h       |   7 +-
 include/net/page_pool.h                       |  25 +
 net/core/page_pool.c                          |   8 +
 net/core/xdp.c                                |   3 +
 11 files changed, 640 insertions(+), 88 deletions(-)

Comments

David Miller July 8, 2019, 1:31 a.m. UTC | #1
From: Ivan Khoronzhuk <ivan.khoronzhuk@linaro.org>
Date: Fri,  5 Jul 2019 18:04:57 +0300

> This patchset adds XDP support for TI cpsw driver and base it on
> page_pool allocator. It was verified on af_xdp socket drop,
> af_xdp l2f, ebpf XDP_DROP, XDP_REDIRECT, XDP_PASS, XDP_TX.
> 
> It was verified with following configs enabled:
 ...

I'm applying this to net-next, please deal with whatever follow-ups are
necessary.

Thanks!
David Miller July 8, 2019, 1:35 a.m. UTC | #2
From: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 18:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Ivan Khoronzhuk <ivan.khoronzhuk@linaro.org>
> Date: Fri,  5 Jul 2019 18:04:57 +0300
> 
>> This patchset adds XDP support for TI cpsw driver and base it on
>> page_pool allocator. It was verified on af_xdp socket drop,
>> af_xdp l2f, ebpf XDP_DROP, XDP_REDIRECT, XDP_PASS, XDP_TX.
>> 
>> It was verified with following configs enabled:
>  ...
> 
> I'm applying this to net-next, please deal with whatever follow-ups are
> necessary.

Nevermind, you really have to fix this:

drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c: In function ‘cpdma_chan_submit_si’:
drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c:1047:12: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size [-Wpointer-to-int-cast]
   buffer = (u32)si->data;
            ^
drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c: In function ‘cpdma_chan_idle_submit_mapped’:
drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c:1114:12: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
  si.data = (void *)(u32)data;
            ^
drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c: In function ‘cpdma_chan_submit_mapped’:
drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c:1164:12: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
  si.data = (void *)(u32)data;
            ^
Ivan Khoronzhuk July 8, 2019, 8:32 p.m. UTC | #3
On Sun, Jul 07, 2019 at 06:35:11PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
>From: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
>Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 18:31:46 -0700 (PDT)
>
>> From: Ivan Khoronzhuk <ivan.khoronzhuk@linaro.org>
>> Date: Fri,  5 Jul 2019 18:04:57 +0300
>>
>>> This patchset adds XDP support for TI cpsw driver and base it on
>>> page_pool allocator. It was verified on af_xdp socket drop,
>>> af_xdp l2f, ebpf XDP_DROP, XDP_REDIRECT, XDP_PASS, XDP_TX.
>>>
>>> It was verified with following configs enabled:
>>  ...
>>
>> I'm applying this to net-next, please deal with whatever follow-ups are
>> necessary.
>
>Nevermind, you really have to fix this:
>
>drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c: In function ‘cpdma_chan_submit_si’:
>drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c:1047:12: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size [-Wpointer-to-int-cast]
>   buffer = (u32)si->data;
>            ^
>drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c: In function ‘cpdma_chan_idle_submit_mapped’:
>drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c:1114:12: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
>  si.data = (void *)(u32)data;
>            ^
>drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c: In function ‘cpdma_chan_submit_mapped’:
>drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_cpdma.c:1164:12: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to-pointer-cast]
>  si.data = (void *)(u32)data;
>            ^
Actrually that's fixed in reply v9 patch.
But, nevermind, i will send v9 for whole series.