[v5,0/9] FPGA DFL updates
mbox series

Message ID 1565578204-13969-1-git-send-email-hao.wu@intel.com
Headers show
Series
  • FPGA DFL updates
Related show

Message

Wu, Hao Aug. 12, 2019, 2:49 a.m. UTC
Hi Greg,

This is v5 patchset which adds more features to FPGA DFL. Marjor changes
against v4 are sysfs related code rework to address comments on v4.

Please help to take a look. Thanks!

Main changes from v4:
  - convert code to use dev_groups for sysfs entries (#2, #3, #4, #6, #8).
  - clean up for empty init function after remove sysfs add/remove (#1).
  - introduce is_visible for sysfs groups (#3, #4, #6, #8).
  - remove revision sysfs entries (#4, #6, #8).
  - improve naming on shared functions (#5).
  - reorganize sysfs entries for port and fme error reporting (#6, #8).

Main changes from v3:
  - drop avx512 partail reconfiguration patch for now.
  - split dfl_fpga_cdev_config_port to 2 functions *_release/assign_port
    (#1).
  - split __dfl_fpga_cdev_config_port_vf into 2 functions with locking
    added (#2).
  - improve description in sysfs doc to avoid misunderstanding (#3).
  - switch to boolean in sysfs entry store function (#3).
  - remove dev_dbg in init/uinit callback function (#7, #9, #11).
  - remove uinit callback which does does nothing (#8, #9)

Main changes from v2:
  - update kernel version/date in sysfs doc (patch #4, #5, #8, #10, #11).
  - add back Documentation patch (patch #12).

Main changes from v1:
  - remove DRV/MODULE_VERSION modifications. (patch #1, #3, #4, #6)
  - remove argsz from new ioctls. (patch #2)
  - replace sysfs_create/remove_* with device_add/remove_* for sysfs entries.
    (patch #5, #8, #11)

Wu Hao (9):
  fpga: dfl: make init callback optional
  fpga: dfl: fme: convert platform_driver to use dev_groups
  fpga: dfl: afu: convert platform_driver to use dev_groups
  fpga: dfl: afu: add userclock sysfs interfaces.
  fpga: dfl: afu: expose __afu_port_enable/disable function.
  fpga: dfl: afu: add error reporting support.
  fpga: dfl: afu: add STP (SignalTap) support
  fpga: dfl: fme: add global error reporting support
  Documentation: fpga: dfl: add descriptions for virtualization and new
    interfaces.

 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-platform-dfl-fme  |  62 ++++
 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-platform-dfl-port |  53 ++++
 Documentation/fpga/dfl.rst                        | 105 +++++++
 drivers/fpga/Makefile                             |   3 +-
 drivers/fpga/dfl-afu-error.c                      | 230 ++++++++++++++
 drivers/fpga/dfl-afu-main.c                       | 230 +++++++++++---
 drivers/fpga/dfl-afu.h                            |   9 +
 drivers/fpga/dfl-fme-error.c                      | 359 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/fpga/dfl-fme-main.c                       |  42 +--
 drivers/fpga/dfl-fme.h                            |   3 +
 drivers/fpga/dfl.c                                |  10 +-
 drivers/fpga/dfl.h                                |   9 +
 12 files changed, 1041 insertions(+), 74 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/fpga/dfl-afu-error.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/fpga/dfl-fme-error.c

Comments

Wu, Hao Aug. 19, 2019, 5:31 a.m. UTC | #1
On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:49:55AM +0800, Wu Hao wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> 
> This is v5 patchset which adds more features to FPGA DFL. Marjor changes
> against v4 are sysfs related code rework to address comments on v4.
> 
> Please help to take a look. Thanks!

Hi Greg,

Did you get a chance to take a look at this new version patchset? :)

Thanks
Hao

> 
> Main changes from v4:
>   - convert code to use dev_groups for sysfs entries (#2, #3, #4, #6, #8).
>   - clean up for empty init function after remove sysfs add/remove (#1).
>   - introduce is_visible for sysfs groups (#3, #4, #6, #8).
>   - remove revision sysfs entries (#4, #6, #8).
>   - improve naming on shared functions (#5).
>   - reorganize sysfs entries for port and fme error reporting (#6, #8).
> 
> Main changes from v3:
>   - drop avx512 partail reconfiguration patch for now.
>   - split dfl_fpga_cdev_config_port to 2 functions *_release/assign_port
>     (#1).
>   - split __dfl_fpga_cdev_config_port_vf into 2 functions with locking
>     added (#2).
>   - improve description in sysfs doc to avoid misunderstanding (#3).
>   - switch to boolean in sysfs entry store function (#3).
>   - remove dev_dbg in init/uinit callback function (#7, #9, #11).
>   - remove uinit callback which does does nothing (#8, #9)
> 
> Main changes from v2:
>   - update kernel version/date in sysfs doc (patch #4, #5, #8, #10, #11).
>   - add back Documentation patch (patch #12).
> 
> Main changes from v1:
>   - remove DRV/MODULE_VERSION modifications. (patch #1, #3, #4, #6)
>   - remove argsz from new ioctls. (patch #2)
>   - replace sysfs_create/remove_* with device_add/remove_* for sysfs entries.
>     (patch #5, #8, #11)
> 
> Wu Hao (9):
>   fpga: dfl: make init callback optional
>   fpga: dfl: fme: convert platform_driver to use dev_groups
>   fpga: dfl: afu: convert platform_driver to use dev_groups
>   fpga: dfl: afu: add userclock sysfs interfaces.
>   fpga: dfl: afu: expose __afu_port_enable/disable function.
>   fpga: dfl: afu: add error reporting support.
>   fpga: dfl: afu: add STP (SignalTap) support
>   fpga: dfl: fme: add global error reporting support
>   Documentation: fpga: dfl: add descriptions for virtualization and new
>     interfaces.
> 
>  Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-platform-dfl-fme  |  62 ++++
>  Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-platform-dfl-port |  53 ++++
>  Documentation/fpga/dfl.rst                        | 105 +++++++
>  drivers/fpga/Makefile                             |   3 +-
>  drivers/fpga/dfl-afu-error.c                      | 230 ++++++++++++++
>  drivers/fpga/dfl-afu-main.c                       | 230 +++++++++++---
>  drivers/fpga/dfl-afu.h                            |   9 +
>  drivers/fpga/dfl-fme-error.c                      | 359 ++++++++++++++++++++++
>  drivers/fpga/dfl-fme-main.c                       |  42 +--
>  drivers/fpga/dfl-fme.h                            |   3 +
>  drivers/fpga/dfl.c                                |  10 +-
>  drivers/fpga/dfl.h                                |   9 +
>  12 files changed, 1041 insertions(+), 74 deletions(-)
>  create mode 100644 drivers/fpga/dfl-afu-error.c
>  create mode 100644 drivers/fpga/dfl-fme-error.c
> 
> -- 
> 1.8.3.1
Greg KH Aug. 19, 2019, 8:51 p.m. UTC | #2
On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 01:31:33PM +0800, Wu Hao wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:49:55AM +0800, Wu Hao wrote:
> > Hi Greg,
> > 
> > This is v5 patchset which adds more features to FPGA DFL. Marjor changes
> > against v4 are sysfs related code rework to address comments on v4.
> > 
> > Please help to take a look. Thanks!
> 
> Hi Greg,
> 
> Did you get a chance to take a look at this new version patchset? :)

I'm not the FPGA maintainer, what about the review from the other one
first?  :)

thanks,

greg k-h
Wu, Hao Aug. 20, 2019, 3:14 a.m. UTC | #3
On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 10:51:24PM +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 01:31:33PM +0800, Wu Hao wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:49:55AM +0800, Wu Hao wrote:
> > > Hi Greg,
> > > 
> > > This is v5 patchset which adds more features to FPGA DFL. Marjor changes
> > > against v4 are sysfs related code rework to address comments on v4.
> > > 
> > > Please help to take a look. Thanks!
> > 
> > Hi Greg,
> > 
> > Did you get a chance to take a look at this new version patchset? :)
> 
> I'm not the FPGA maintainer, what about the review from the other one
> first?  :)


Sure! :)


Hi Moritz

Could you please help review these patches? Thanks! :)

Thanks
Hao

> 
> thanks,
> 
> greg k-h