[0/6] arm64: Add support for Amlogic SM1 SoC Family
mbox series

Message ID 20190820144052.18269-1-narmstrong@baylibre.com
Headers show
Series
  • arm64: Add support for Amlogic SM1 SoC Family
Related show

Message

Neil Armstrong Aug. 20, 2019, 2:40 p.m. UTC
The new Amlogic SM1 SoC Family is a derivative of the Amlogic G12A
SoC Family, with the following changes :
- Cortex-A55 cores instead of A53
- more power domains, including USB & PCIe
- a neural network co-processor (NNA)
- a CSI input and image processor
- some changes in the audio complex, thus not yet enabled
- new clocks, for NNA, CSI and a clock tree for each CPU Core

This serie does not add support for NNA, CSI, Audio, USB, Display
or DVFS, it only aligns with the current G12A Support.

With this serie, the SEI610 Board has supported :
- Default-boot CPU frequency
- Ethernet
- LEDs
- IR
- GPIO Buttons
- eMMC
- SDCard
- SDIO WiFi
- UART Bluetooth

Audio (HDMI, Embedded HP, MIcs), USB, HDMI, IR Output, & RGB Led
would be supported in following patchsets.

Dependencies:
- g12-common.dtsi from the DVFS patchset at [1]

Changes from rfc at [2]:
- Removed Power domain patches & display/USB support, will resend separately
- Removed applied AO-CEC patches
- Fixed clk-measure IDs
- Collected reviewed-by tags

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11025309/
[2] https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11025511/

Neil Armstrong (6):
  soc: amlogic: meson-gx-socinfo: Add SM1 and S905X3 IDs
  dt-bindings: soc: amlogic: clk-measure: Add SM1 compatible
  soc: amlogic: clk-measure: Add support for SM1
  dt-bindings: arm: amlogic: add SM1 bindings
  dt-bindings: arm: amlogic: add SEI Robotics SEI610 bindings
  arm64: dts: add support for SM1 based SEI Robotics SEI610

 .../devicetree/bindings/arm/amlogic.yaml      |   5 +
 .../bindings/soc/amlogic/clk-measure.txt      |   1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/Makefile          |   1 +
 .../boot/dts/amlogic/meson-sm1-sei610.dts     | 300 ++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-sm1.dtsi    |  68 ++++
 drivers/soc/amlogic/meson-clk-measure.c       | 134 ++++++++
 drivers/soc/amlogic/meson-gx-socinfo.c        |   2 +
 7 files changed, 511 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-sm1-sei610.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-sm1.dtsi

Comments

Kevin Hilman Aug. 20, 2019, 7:25 p.m. UTC | #1
Neil Armstrong <narmstrong@baylibre.com> writes:

> The new Amlogic SM1 SoC Family is a derivative of the Amlogic G12A
> SoC Family, with the following changes :
> - Cortex-A55 cores instead of A53
> - more power domains, including USB & PCIe
> - a neural network co-processor (NNA)
> - a CSI input and image processor
> - some changes in the audio complex, thus not yet enabled
> - new clocks, for NNA, CSI and a clock tree for each CPU Core
>
> This serie does not add support for NNA, CSI, Audio, USB, Display
> or DVFS, it only aligns with the current G12A Support.
>
> With this serie, the SEI610 Board has supported :
> - Default-boot CPU frequency
> - Ethernet
> - LEDs
> - IR
> - GPIO Buttons
> - eMMC
> - SDCard
> - SDIO WiFi
> - UART Bluetooth
>
> Audio (HDMI, Embedded HP, MIcs), USB, HDMI, IR Output, & RGB Led
> would be supported in following patchsets.
>
> Dependencies:
> - g12-common.dtsi from the DVFS patchset at [1]
>
> Changes from rfc at [2]:
> - Removed Power domain patches & display/USB support, will resend separately
> - Removed applied AO-CEC patches
> - Fixed clk-measure IDs
> - Collected reviewed-by tags
>
> [1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11025309/
> [2] https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11025511/

Series queued for v5.4...
> Neil Armstrong (6):
>   soc: amlogic: meson-gx-socinfo: Add SM1 and S905X3 IDs
>   dt-bindings: soc: amlogic: clk-measure: Add SM1 compatible
>   soc: amlogic: clk-measure: Add support for SM1

... these 3 in v5.4/drivers ...

>   dt-bindings: arm: amlogic: add SM1 bindings
>   dt-bindings: arm: amlogic: add SEI Robotics SEI610 bindings
>   arm64: dts: add support for SM1 based SEI Robotics SEI610

... and these 3 in v5.4/dt64 with Rob's tag.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin Hilman Aug. 20, 2019, 11:06 p.m. UTC | #2
Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com> writes:

> Neil Armstrong <narmstrong@baylibre.com> writes:
>
>> The new Amlogic SM1 SoC Family is a derivative of the Amlogic G12A
>> SoC Family, with the following changes :
>> - Cortex-A55 cores instead of A53
>> - more power domains, including USB & PCIe
>> - a neural network co-processor (NNA)
>> - a CSI input and image processor
>> - some changes in the audio complex, thus not yet enabled
>> - new clocks, for NNA, CSI and a clock tree for each CPU Core
>>
>> This serie does not add support for NNA, CSI, Audio, USB, Display
>> or DVFS, it only aligns with the current G12A Support.
>>
>> With this serie, the SEI610 Board has supported :
>> - Default-boot CPU frequency
>> - Ethernet
>> - LEDs
>> - IR
>> - GPIO Buttons
>> - eMMC
>> - SDCard
>> - SDIO WiFi
>> - UART Bluetooth
>>
>> Audio (HDMI, Embedded HP, MIcs), USB, HDMI, IR Output, & RGB Led
>> would be supported in following patchsets.
>>
>> Dependencies:
>> - g12-common.dtsi from the DVFS patchset at [1]
>>
>> Changes from rfc at [2]:
>> - Removed Power domain patches & display/USB support, will resend separately
>> - Removed applied AO-CEC patches
>> - Fixed clk-measure IDs
>> - Collected reviewed-by tags
>>
>> [1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11025309/
>> [2] https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11025511/
>
> Series queued for v5.4...
>> Neil Armstrong (6):
>>   soc: amlogic: meson-gx-socinfo: Add SM1 and S905X3 IDs
>>   dt-bindings: soc: amlogic: clk-measure: Add SM1 compatible
>>   soc: amlogic: clk-measure: Add support for SM1
>
> ... these 3 in v5.4/drivers ...
>
>>   dt-bindings: arm: amlogic: add SM1 bindings
>>   dt-bindings: arm: amlogic: add SEI Robotics SEI610 bindings
>>   arm64: dts: add support for SM1 based SEI Robotics SEI610
>
> ... and these 3 in v5.4/dt64 with Rob's tag.

And I forgot to add that I boot-tested this on an SEI610 as well.

Tested-by: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>