[v4,0/4] Implement STRICT_MODULE_RWX for powerpc
mbox series

Message ID 20191014051320.158682-1-ruscur@russell.cc
Headers show
Series
  • Implement STRICT_MODULE_RWX for powerpc
Related show

Message

Russell Currey Oct. 14, 2019, 5:13 a.m. UTC
v3 cover letter here:
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2019-October/198023.html

Only minimal changes since then:

- patch 2/4 commit message update thanks to Andrew Donnellan
- patch 3/4 made neater thanks to Christophe Leroy
- patch 3/4 updated Kconfig description thanks to Daniel Axtens

Russell Currey (4):
  powerpc/mm: Implement set_memory() routines
  powerpc/kprobes: Mark newly allocated probes as RO
  powerpc/mm/ptdump: debugfs handler for W+X checks at runtime
  powerpc: Enable STRICT_MODULE_RWX

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                   |  2 +
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig.debug             |  6 ++-
 arch/powerpc/configs/skiroot_defconfig |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/set_memory.h  | 32 ++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/kprobes.c          |  3 ++
 arch/powerpc/mm/Makefile               |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/pageattr.c             | 60 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/ptdump.c        | 21 ++++++++-
 8 files changed, 123 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/set_memory.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/mm/pageattr.c

Comments

Kees Cook Oct. 29, 2019, 11:02 p.m. UTC | #1
On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 04:13:16PM +1100, Russell Currey wrote:
> v3 cover letter here:
> https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2019-October/198023.html
> 
> Only minimal changes since then:
> 
> - patch 2/4 commit message update thanks to Andrew Donnellan
> - patch 3/4 made neater thanks to Christophe Leroy
> - patch 3/4 updated Kconfig description thanks to Daniel Axtens

I continue to be excited about this work. :) Is there anything holding
it back from landing in linux-next?

-Kees

> 
> Russell Currey (4):
>   powerpc/mm: Implement set_memory() routines
>   powerpc/kprobes: Mark newly allocated probes as RO
>   powerpc/mm/ptdump: debugfs handler for W+X checks at runtime
>   powerpc: Enable STRICT_MODULE_RWX
> 
>  arch/powerpc/Kconfig                   |  2 +
>  arch/powerpc/Kconfig.debug             |  6 ++-
>  arch/powerpc/configs/skiroot_defconfig |  1 +
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/set_memory.h  | 32 ++++++++++++++
>  arch/powerpc/kernel/kprobes.c          |  3 ++
>  arch/powerpc/mm/Makefile               |  1 +
>  arch/powerpc/mm/pageattr.c             | 60 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/ptdump.c        | 21 ++++++++-
>  8 files changed, 123 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
>  create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/set_memory.h
>  create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/mm/pageattr.c
> 
> -- 
> 2.23.0
>
Michael Ellerman Oct. 30, 2019, 12:16 a.m. UTC | #2
Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org> writes:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 04:13:16PM +1100, Russell Currey wrote:
>> v3 cover letter here:
>> https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2019-October/198023.html
>> 
>> Only minimal changes since then:
>> 
>> - patch 2/4 commit message update thanks to Andrew Donnellan
>> - patch 3/4 made neater thanks to Christophe Leroy
>> - patch 3/4 updated Kconfig description thanks to Daniel Axtens
>
> I continue to be excited about this work. :) Is there anything holding
> it back from landing in linux-next?

I had some concerns, which I stupidly posted in reply to v3:

  https://lore.kernel.org/linuxppc-dev/87pnio5fva.fsf@mpe.ellerman.id.au/

cheers
Kees Cook Oct. 30, 2019, 6:43 p.m. UTC | #3
On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 11:16:22AM +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org> writes:
> > On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 04:13:16PM +1100, Russell Currey wrote:
> >> v3 cover letter here:
> >> https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2019-October/198023.html
> >> 
> >> Only minimal changes since then:
> >> 
> >> - patch 2/4 commit message update thanks to Andrew Donnellan
> >> - patch 3/4 made neater thanks to Christophe Leroy
> >> - patch 3/4 updated Kconfig description thanks to Daniel Axtens
> >
> > I continue to be excited about this work. :) Is there anything holding
> > it back from landing in linux-next?
> 
> I had some concerns, which I stupidly posted in reply to v3:
> 
>   https://lore.kernel.org/linuxppc-dev/87pnio5fva.fsf@mpe.ellerman.id.au/

Ah-ha! Thanks; I missed that. :)