[4.4.y-cip,00/22] Add RZ/G1C SD/eMMC support
mbox series

Message ID 1574862420-42606-1-git-send-email-biju.das@bp.renesas.com
Headers show
Series
  • Add RZ/G1C SD/eMMC support
Related show

Message

Biju Das Nov. 27, 2019, 1:46 p.m. UTC
This patch series add SD/eMMC support support for RZ/G1C sbc.

RZ/G1C eMMC IP is different from other RZ/G1 SoC's. It is having an internal DMA for data transfer which is similar to R-Car Gen3.

Support for internal DMAC is added in 4.14 kernel and support for RZ/G1C added on 4.20 kernel.

Backported the relevent patches to linux-4.4.y-cip.

Fabrizio Castro (6):
  dt-bindings: mmc: renesas_sdhi: Add r8a77470 support
  mmc: renesas_sdhi: Add r8a77470 SDHI1 support
  ARM: dts: r8a77470: Add SDHI2 support
  ARM: dts: r8a77470: Add SDHI0 support
  ARM: dts: r8a77470: Add SDHI1 support
  ARM: dts: iwg23s-sbc: Add uSD and eMMC support

Masahiro Yamada (1):
  mmc: renesas_sdhi: consolidate DMAC CONFIG options

Shinobu Uehara (1):
  mmc: sdhi: Add EXT_ACC register busy check

Simon Horman (9):
  mmc: tmio: rename tmio_mmc_{pio => core}.c
  mmc: renesas-sdhi: rename tmio_mmc_dma.c => renesas_sdhi_sys_dmac.c
  mmc: renesas-sdhi: rename sh_mobile_sdhi.c => renesas_sdhi_core.c
  mmc: renesas-sdhi: make renesas_sdhi_sys_dmac main module file
  mmc: renesas-sdhi: improve checkpatch cleanness
  mmc: tmio, renesas-sdhi: add dataend to DMA ops
  mmc: renesas-sdhi: add support for R-Car Gen3 SDHI DMAC
  dt-bindings: mmc: renesas_sdhi: add R-Car Gen[123] fallback
    compatibility strings
  mmc: renesas_sdhi: implement R-Car Gen[123] fallback compatibility
    strings

Wolfram Sang (4):
  mmc: sh_mobile_sdhi: don't use array for DT configs
  mmc: sh_mobile_sdhi: simplify code for voltage switching
  mmc: sh_mobile_sdhi: enable SDIO IRQs for RCar Gen3
  mmc: tmio: always unmap DMA before waiting for interrupt

Yoshihiro Shimoda (1):
  mmc: tmio, renesas-sdhi: add max_{segs, blk_count} to tmio_mmc_data

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/tmio_mmc.txt |   9 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a77470-iwg23s-sbc.dts          |  75 ++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a77470.dtsi                    |  38 +++
 drivers/mmc/host/Kconfig                           |  21 +-
 drivers/mmc/host/Makefile                          |   5 +-
 drivers/mmc/host/renesas_sdhi.h                    |  41 ++++
 .../host/{sh_mobile_sdhi.c => renesas_sdhi_core.c} | 271 ++++++--------------
 drivers/mmc/host/renesas_sdhi_internal_dmac.c      | 273 +++++++++++++++++++++
 .../{tmio_mmc_dma.c => renesas_sdhi_sys_dmac.c}    | 191 +++++++++++---
 drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc.h                        |  11 +-
 .../mmc/host/{tmio_mmc_pio.c => tmio_mmc_core.c}   |  16 +-
 include/linux/mfd/tmio.h                           |   2 +
 12 files changed, 706 insertions(+), 247 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/mmc/host/renesas_sdhi.h
 rename drivers/mmc/host/{sh_mobile_sdhi.c => renesas_sdhi_core.c} (65%)
 create mode 100644 drivers/mmc/host/renesas_sdhi_internal_dmac.c
 rename drivers/mmc/host/{tmio_mmc_dma.c => renesas_sdhi_sys_dmac.c} (55%)
 rename drivers/mmc/host/{tmio_mmc_pio.c => tmio_mmc_core.c} (99%)

Comments

Pavel Machek Nov. 27, 2019, 5:59 p.m. UTC | #1
Hi!

> This patch series add SD/eMMC support support for RZ/G1C sbc.
> 
> RZ/G1C eMMC IP is different from other RZ/G1 SoC's. It is having an internal DMA for data transfer which is similar to R-Car Gen3.
> 
> Support for internal DMAC is added in 4.14 kernel and support for
> RZ/G1C added on 4.20 kernel.

Thanks for doing this, and extra thanks for using rename detection so
diffs are easy to read :-).

Series looks good, but I got this while applying:

pavel@amd:~/cip/k$ ~/cip/git-am /tmp/delme.h
Applying: mmc: sdhi: Add EXT_ACC register busy check
Applying: mmc: sh_mobile_sdhi: don't use array for DT configs
Applying: mmc: sh_mobile_sdhi: simplify code for voltage switching
Applying: mmc: sh_mobile_sdhi: enable SDIO IRQs for RCar Gen3
Applying: mmc: tmio: always unmap DMA before waiting for interrupt
Applying: mmc: tmio: rename tmio_mmc_{pio => core}.c
Applying: mmc: renesas-sdhi: rename tmio_mmc_dma.c =>
renesas_sdhi_sys_dmac.c
Applying: mmc: renesas-sdhi: rename sh_mobile_sdhi.c =>
renesas_sdhi_core.c
Applying: mmc: renesas-sdhi: make renesas_sdhi_sys_dmac main module
file
error: patch failed: drivers/mmc/host/renesas_sdhi_core.c:48
error: drivers/mmc/host/renesas_sdhi_core.c: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0009 mmc: renesas-sdhi: make renesas_sdhi_sys_dmac
main module file
The copy of the patch that failed is found in: .git/rebase-apply/patch
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am
--abort".

Let me try to apply patches 1-8 and try to get them tested.

Best regards,
								Pavel
Pavel Machek Nov. 27, 2019, 7:21 p.m. UTC | #2
Hi!

> This patch series add SD/eMMC support support for RZ/G1C sbc.
> 
> RZ/G1C eMMC IP is different from other RZ/G1 SoC's. It is having an internal DMA for data transfer which is similar to R-Car Gen3.
> 
> Support for internal DMAC is added in 4.14 kernel and support for RZ/G1C added on 4.20 kernel.
> 
> Backported the relevent patches to linux-4.4.y-cip.

Ok, that was fun.

AFAICT, this clashed with "Add SDHI/eMMC/USB2.0 support" as I applied
them in unexpected order. So #9 and #17 rejected. I fixed up #9 by
hand, and simply dropped #17, as it is "just" documentation.

I believe I got it right, and tests seem to pass:

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/pipelines/99052811

...so I pushed the result. Could you verify that it looks how you
expected it, and resubmit patch #17 I dropped?

Thanks and best regards,
								Pavel
Biju Das Nov. 28, 2019, 7:56 a.m. UTC | #3
Hi Pavel,

Regarding patch #9,

Thanks  for the feedback.

Please see the subject line on this patch " From: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>"

It is supposed to be " mmc: renesas-sdhi: make renesas_sdhi_sys_dmac   main module file"

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cip/linux-cip.git/commit/?h=linux-4.4.y-cip&id=1d4c381fb35658d30661ff588d0d64c79f084f9e


regards,
Biju

> Subject: Re: [PATCH 4.4.y-cip 00/22] Add RZ/G1C SD/eMMC support
> 
> Hi!
> 
> > This patch series add SD/eMMC support support for RZ/G1C sbc.
> >
> > RZ/G1C eMMC IP is different from other RZ/G1 SoC's. It is having an
> internal DMA for data transfer which is similar to R-Car Gen3.
> >
> > Support for internal DMAC is added in 4.14 kernel and support for RZ/G1C
> added on 4.20 kernel.
> >
> > Backported the relevent patches to linux-4.4.y-cip.
> 
> Ok, that was fun.
> 
> AFAICT, this clashed with "Add SDHI/eMMC/USB2.0 support" as I applied
> them in unexpected order. So #9 and #17 rejected. I fixed up #9 by hand,
> and simply dropped #17, as it is "just" documentation.
> 
> I believe I got it right, and tests seem to pass:
> 
> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/pipelines/99052811
> 
> ...so I pushed the result. Could you verify that it looks how you expected it,
> and resubmit patch #17 I dropped?
> 
> Thanks and best regards,
> 								Pavel
> --
> DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
> HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Pavel Machek Nov. 28, 2019, 11:13 a.m. UTC | #4
Hi!

> Regarding patch #9,
> 
> Thanks  for the feedback.
> 
> Please see the subject line on this patch " From: Simon Horman <horms+renesas@verge.net.au>"
> 
> It is supposed to be " mmc: renesas-sdhi: make renesas_sdhi_sys_dmac   main module file"
> 
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cip/linux-cip.git/commit/?h=linux-4.4.y-cip&id=1d4c381fb35658d30661ff588d0d64c79f084f9e

Ah, thank you. I fixed the subject and force-pushed.

Best regards,
								Pavel