[v2,0/2] ASoC topology header parsing refinement
mbox series

Message ID 20200521074847.71406-1-yang.jie@linux.intel.com
Headers show
Series
  • ASoC topology header parsing refinement
Related show

Message

Keyon Jie May 21, 2020, 7:48 a.m. UTC
This small series is to optimize the header logging during the topology
parsing. This is verified work fine on both SOF and SST drivers
(bxt_rt298 with dfw_sst.bin).

Change History:
v2:
- Change the internal used array to be 'static' to fix the issue
  reported by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
- Add testing coverage including Intel SST driver also.

v1:
- Initial version.

Keyon Jie (2):
  ASoC: topology: refine and log the header in the correct pass
  ASoC: topology: remove the redundant pass checks

 sound/soc/soc-topology.c | 99 ++++++++++++++++++----------------------
 1 file changed, 44 insertions(+), 55 deletions(-)

Comments

Cezary Rojewski May 26, 2020, 12:40 p.m. UTC | #1
On 2020-05-21 9:48 AM, Keyon Jie wrote:
> This small series is to optimize the header logging during the topology
> parsing. This is verified work fine on both SOF and SST drivers
> (bxt_rt298 with dfw_sst.bin).
> 
> Change History:
> v2:
> - Change the internal used array to be 'static' to fix the issue
>    reported by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
> - Add testing coverage including Intel SST driver also.
> 
> v1:
> - Initial version.
> 
> Keyon Jie (2):
>    ASoC: topology: refine and log the header in the correct pass
>    ASoC: topology: remove the redundant pass checks
> 
>   sound/soc/soc-topology.c | 99 ++++++++++++++++++----------------------
>   1 file changed, 44 insertions(+), 55 deletions(-)
> 

No regression after applying these and running through SST CI on cAVS 
1.5+ (GLK) and 1.8 (CNL).

Given some comments on 1/2 though, believe it could be simplified.

Czarek
Pierre-Louis Bossart May 26, 2020, 1:29 p.m. UTC | #2
On 5/26/20 7:40 AM, Cezary Rojewski wrote:
> On 2020-05-21 9:48 AM, Keyon Jie wrote:
>> This small series is to optimize the header logging during the topology
>> parsing. This is verified work fine on both SOF and SST drivers
>> (bxt_rt298 with dfw_sst.bin).
>>
>> Change History:
>> v2:
>> - Change the internal used array to be 'static' to fix the issue
>>    reported by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
>> - Add testing coverage including Intel SST driver also.
>>
>> v1:
>> - Initial version.
>>
>> Keyon Jie (2):
>>    ASoC: topology: refine and log the header in the correct pass
>>    ASoC: topology: remove the redundant pass checks
>>
>>   sound/soc/soc-topology.c | 99 ++++++++++++++++++----------------------
>>   1 file changed, 44 insertions(+), 55 deletions(-)
>>
> 
> No regression after applying these and running through SST CI on cAVS 
> 1.5+ (GLK) and 1.8 (CNL).

Can the tests be run on SKL/KBL? That's where the cAVS driver will be 
used and where this patchset will have an impact.
Thanks!

> Given some comments on 1/2 though, believe it could be simplified.
> 
> Czarek
Keyon Jie May 26, 2020, 2:34 p.m. UTC | #3
On 5/26/20 8:40 PM, Cezary Rojewski wrote:
> On 2020-05-21 9:48 AM, Keyon Jie wrote:
>> This small series is to optimize the header logging during the topology
>> parsing. This is verified work fine on both SOF and SST drivers
>> (bxt_rt298 with dfw_sst.bin).
>>
>> Change History:
>> v2:
>> - Change the internal used array to be 'static' to fix the issue
>>    reported by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
>> - Add testing coverage including Intel SST driver also.
>>
>> v1:
>> - Initial version.
>>
>> Keyon Jie (2):
>>    ASoC: topology: refine and log the header in the correct pass
>>    ASoC: topology: remove the redundant pass checks
>>
>>   sound/soc/soc-topology.c | 99 ++++++++++++++++++----------------------
>>   1 file changed, 44 insertions(+), 55 deletions(-)
>>
> 
> No regression after applying these and running through SST CI on cAVS 
> 1.5+ (GLK) and 1.8 (CNL).

Thanks a lot for the validation.

> 
> Given some comments on 1/2 though, believe it could be simplified.

reply on the 1/2 commit.

~Keyon

> 
> Czarek
Keyon Jie May 27, 2020, 1:05 a.m. UTC | #4
On 5/26/20 9:29 PM, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote:
> 
> 
> On 5/26/20 7:40 AM, Cezary Rojewski wrote:
>> On 2020-05-21 9:48 AM, Keyon Jie wrote:
>>> This small series is to optimize the header logging during the topology
>>> parsing. This is verified work fine on both SOF and SST drivers
>>> (bxt_rt298 with dfw_sst.bin).
>>>
>>> Change History:
>>> v2:
>>> - Change the internal used array to be 'static' to fix the issue
>>>    reported by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
>>> - Add testing coverage including Intel SST driver also.
>>>
>>> v1:
>>> - Initial version.
>>>
>>> Keyon Jie (2):
>>>    ASoC: topology: refine and log the header in the correct pass
>>>    ASoC: topology: remove the redundant pass checks
>>>
>>>   sound/soc/soc-topology.c | 99 ++++++++++++++++++----------------------
>>>   1 file changed, 44 insertions(+), 55 deletions(-)
>>>
>>
>> No regression after applying these and running through SST CI on cAVS 
>> 1.5+ (GLK) and 1.8 (CNL).
> 
> Can the tests be run on SKL/KBL? That's where the cAVS driver will be 
> used and where this patchset will have an impact.
> Thanks!

Yes, they were just tested on KBL Chrome book with cAVS driver by Vamshi 
and Sathya.

Tested-by: Vamshi Kerishna Gopal <vamshi.krishna.gopal@intel.com>

Thanks,
~Keyon

> 
>> Given some comments on 1/2 though, believe it could be simplified.
>>
>> Czarek