[v2,0/8] selftests/harness: Switch to TAP output
mbox series

Message ID 20200622181651.2795217-1-keescook@chromium.org
Headers show
Series
  • selftests/harness: Switch to TAP output
Related show

Message

Kees Cook June 22, 2020, 6:16 p.m. UTC
Hi,

v2:
- switch harness from XFAIL to SKIP
- pass skip reason from test into TAP output
- add acks/reviews
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20200611224028.3275174-1-keescook@chromium.org/


I finally got around to converting the kselftest_harness.h API to actually
use the kselftest.h API so all the tools using it can actually report
TAP correctly. As part of this, there are a bunch of related cleanups,
API updates, and additions.

Thanks!

-Kees

Kees Cook (8):
  selftests/clone3: Reorder reporting output
  selftests: Remove unneeded selftest API headers
  selftests/binderfs: Fix harness API usage
  selftests: Add header documentation and helpers
  selftests/harness: Switch to TAP output
  selftests/harness: Refactor XFAIL into SKIP
  selftests/harness: Display signed values correctly
  selftests/harness: Report skip reason

 tools/testing/selftests/clone3/clone3.c       |   2 +-
 .../selftests/clone3/clone3_clear_sighand.c   |   3 +-
 .../testing/selftests/clone3/clone3_set_tid.c |   2 +-
 .../filesystems/binderfs/binderfs_test.c      | 284 +++++++++---------
 tools/testing/selftests/kselftest.h           |  78 ++++-
 tools/testing/selftests/kselftest_harness.h   | 169 ++++++++---
 .../pid_namespace/regression_enomem.c         |   1 -
 .../selftests/pidfd/pidfd_getfd_test.c        |   1 -
 .../selftests/pidfd/pidfd_setns_test.c        |   1 -
 tools/testing/selftests/seccomp/seccomp_bpf.c |   8 +-
 .../selftests/uevent/uevent_filtering.c       |   1 -
 11 files changed, 356 insertions(+), 194 deletions(-)

Comments

Kees Cook July 5, 2020, 5:46 a.m. UTC | #1
On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 11:16:43AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> v2:
> - switch harness from XFAIL to SKIP
> - pass skip reason from test into TAP output
> - add acks/reviews
> v1: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20200611224028.3275174-1-keescook@chromium.org/
> 
> 
> I finally got around to converting the kselftest_harness.h API to actually
> use the kselftest.h API so all the tools using it can actually report
> TAP correctly. As part of this, there are a bunch of related cleanups,
> API updates, and additions.

Friendly ping -- I'd love to get this landed for -next, it makes doing
seccomp testing much nicer. :)

Thanks!

-Kees

> 
> Thanks!
> 
> -Kees
> 
> Kees Cook (8):
>   selftests/clone3: Reorder reporting output
>   selftests: Remove unneeded selftest API headers
>   selftests/binderfs: Fix harness API usage
>   selftests: Add header documentation and helpers
>   selftests/harness: Switch to TAP output
>   selftests/harness: Refactor XFAIL into SKIP
>   selftests/harness: Display signed values correctly
>   selftests/harness: Report skip reason
> 
>  tools/testing/selftests/clone3/clone3.c       |   2 +-
>  .../selftests/clone3/clone3_clear_sighand.c   |   3 +-
>  .../testing/selftests/clone3/clone3_set_tid.c |   2 +-
>  .../filesystems/binderfs/binderfs_test.c      | 284 +++++++++---------
>  tools/testing/selftests/kselftest.h           |  78 ++++-
>  tools/testing/selftests/kselftest_harness.h   | 169 ++++++++---
>  .../pid_namespace/regression_enomem.c         |   1 -
>  .../selftests/pidfd/pidfd_getfd_test.c        |   1 -
>  .../selftests/pidfd/pidfd_setns_test.c        |   1 -
>  tools/testing/selftests/seccomp/seccomp_bpf.c |   8 +-
>  .../selftests/uevent/uevent_filtering.c       |   1 -
>  11 files changed, 356 insertions(+), 194 deletions(-)
> 
> -- 
> 2.25.1
>
Shuah Khan July 6, 2020, 7:57 p.m. UTC | #2
On 7/4/20 11:46 PM, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 11:16:43AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> v2:
>> - switch harness from XFAIL to SKIP
>> - pass skip reason from test into TAP output
>> - add acks/reviews
>> v1: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20200611224028.3275174-1-keescook@chromium.org/
>>
>>
>> I finally got around to converting the kselftest_harness.h API to actually
>> use the kselftest.h API so all the tools using it can actually report
>> TAP correctly. As part of this, there are a bunch of related cleanups,
>> API updates, and additions.
> 
> Friendly ping -- I'd love to get this landed for -next, it makes doing
> seccomp testing much nicer. :)
> 
> Thanks!
> 

I will pull them in today. OSS+ELC set me back with getting ready for
the talks and presenting. July 4th holiday didn't help.

thanks,
-- Shuah
Kees Cook July 6, 2020, 8:18 p.m. UTC | #3
On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 01:57:19PM -0600, Shuah Khan wrote:
> I will pull them in today. OSS+ELC set me back with getting ready for

Thanks!

> the talks and presenting. July 4th holiday didn't help.

Heh, yeah, I'm in the same boat. :)