[GIT,PULL] nvme fixes for 4.20
mbox series

Message ID 20181109065654.GA12805@infradead.org
State New
Headers show
Series
  • [GIT,PULL] nvme fixes for 4.20
Related show

Pull-request

git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git nvme-4.20

Message

Christoph Hellwig Nov. 9, 2018, 6:56 a.m. UTC
- revert an RDMA commit that didn't help but caused problems
 - fix another minor P2P fallout
 - make sure the multipath device inherits the devices limits of
   the controllers below

The following changes since commit 651022382c7f8da46cb4872a545ee1da6d097d2a:

  Linux 4.20-rc1 (2018-11-04 15:37:52 -0800)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git nvme-4.20

for you to fetch changes up to 72e43e497b07d607142f07a8c56794261fbe089b:

  Revert "nvmet-rdma: use a private workqueue for delete" (2018-11-07 09:27:22 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Christoph Hellwig (1):
      Revert "nvmet-rdma: use a private workqueue for delete"

Sagi Grimberg (2):
      nvmet: don't try to add ns to p2p map unless it actually uses it
      nvme: make sure ns head inherits underlying device limits

 drivers/nvme/host/core.c      |  4 +++-
 drivers/nvme/host/multipath.c |  1 +
 drivers/nvme/target/core.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/nvme/target/rdma.c    | 19 ++++---------------
 4 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

Comments

Jens Axboe Nov. 9, 2018, 1:16 p.m. UTC | #1
On 11/8/18 11:56 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>  - revert an RDMA commit that didn't help but caused problems
>  - fix another minor P2P fallout
>  - make sure the multipath device inherits the devices limits of
>    the controllers below
> 
> The following changes since commit 651022382c7f8da46cb4872a545ee1da6d097d2a:
> 
>   Linux 4.20-rc1 (2018-11-04 15:37:52 -0800)
> 
> are available in the Git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git nvme-4.20

This is based on 4.20-rc1 for some reason, not my for-linus. So I get
a few thousand extra commits... I pulled the patches and applied
manually.
Christoph Hellwig Nov. 9, 2018, 1:20 p.m. UTC | #2
On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 06:16:09AM -0700, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 11/8/18 11:56 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> >  - revert an RDMA commit that didn't help but caused problems
> >  - fix another minor P2P fallout
> >  - make sure the multipath device inherits the devices limits of
> >    the controllers below
> > 
> > The following changes since commit 651022382c7f8da46cb4872a545ee1da6d097d2a:
> > 
> >   Linux 4.20-rc1 (2018-11-04 15:37:52 -0800)
> > 
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> > 
> >   git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git nvme-4.20
> 
> This is based on 4.20-rc1 for some reason, not my for-linus. So I get
> a few thousand extra commits... I pulled the patches and applied
> manually.

That is because your for-linus was still 4.20-rc based when
I created it.
Jens Axboe Nov. 9, 2018, 1:29 p.m. UTC | #3
On 11/9/18 6:20 AM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 06:16:09AM -0700, Jens Axboe wrote:
>> On 11/8/18 11:56 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>>>  - revert an RDMA commit that didn't help but caused problems
>>>  - fix another minor P2P fallout
>>>  - make sure the multipath device inherits the devices limits of
>>>    the controllers below
>>>
>>> The following changes since commit 651022382c7f8da46cb4872a545ee1da6d097d2a:
>>>
>>>   Linux 4.20-rc1 (2018-11-04 15:37:52 -0800)
>>>
>>> are available in the Git repository at:
>>>
>>>   git://git.infradead.org/nvme.git nvme-4.20
>>
>> This is based on 4.20-rc1 for some reason, not my for-linus. So I get
>> a few thousand extra commits... I pulled the patches and applied
>> manually.
> 
> That is because your for-linus was still 4.20-rc based when
> I created it.

It's never been 4.20-rc based. After the initial merge, it got based
on a random commit in the merge window:

commit 3acbd2de6bc3af215c6ed7732dfc097d1e238503
Merge: d49f8a52b15b de7d83da84bd
Author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Date:   Thu Oct 25 09:00:15 2018 -0700

    Merge tag 'sound-4.20-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound

and has been ever since.
Sagi Grimberg Nov. 9, 2018, 5:10 p.m. UTC | #4
>> That is because your for-linus was still 4.20-rc based when
>> I created it.
> 
> It's never been 4.20-rc based. After the initial merge, it got based
> on a random commit in the merge window:
> 
> commit 3acbd2de6bc3af215c6ed7732dfc097d1e238503
> Merge: d49f8a52b15b de7d83da84bd
> Author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
> Date:   Thu Oct 25 09:00:15 2018 -0700
> 
>      Merge tag 'sound-4.20-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound
> 
> and has been ever since.

That was because I rebased it when your for-linus didn't include Ming's
buggy version of the brd commit. Sorry for the mixup..
Jens Axboe Nov. 9, 2018, 5:12 p.m. UTC | #5
On 11/9/18 10:10 AM, Sagi Grimberg wrote:
> 
>>> That is because your for-linus was still 4.20-rc based when
>>> I created it.
>>
>> It's never been 4.20-rc based. After the initial merge, it got based
>> on a random commit in the merge window:
>>
>> commit 3acbd2de6bc3af215c6ed7732dfc097d1e238503
>> Merge: d49f8a52b15b de7d83da84bd
>> Author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
>> Date:   Thu Oct 25 09:00:15 2018 -0700
>>
>>      Merge tag 'sound-4.20-rc1' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound
>>
>> and has been ever since.
> 
> That was because I rebased it when your for-linus didn't include Ming's
> buggy version of the brd commit. Sorry for the mixup..

No problem, it's pretty trivial to just do manually for cases like this.