[PULL] gvt-fixes
mbox series

Message ID 20190321035018.GF10798@zhen-hp.sh.intel.com
State New
Headers show
Series
  • [PULL] gvt-fixes
Related show

Pull-request

https://github.com/intel/gvt-linux.git tags/gvt-fixes-2019-03-21

Message

Zhenyu Wang March 21, 2019, 3:50 a.m. UTC
Hi,

Sorry that I might miss 5.1-rc1 window as I was in full day event
during this week. Here's re-generated gvt-fixes against
drm-intel-fixes. This contains fixes for newer version of Windows
driver, e.g fixing parser for MI_FLUSH_DW command and fixed windows
font render error, with other stable fix in error path, and fix
unexpected workload submission when vGPU idle, etc. Details are below.

Thanks!
--
The following changes since commit 0f75551216091223efe1f18295f655aff6415385:

  drm/i915/gvt: release shadow batch buffer and wa_ctx before destroy one workload (2019-01-23 13:58:46 +0800)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://github.com/intel/gvt-linux.git tags/gvt-fixes-2019-03-21

for you to fetch changes up to 72aabfb862e40ee83c136c4f87877c207e6859b7:

  drm/i915/gvt: Add mutual lock for ppgtt mm LRU list (2019-03-04 14:45:28 +0800)

----------------------------------------------------------------
gvt-fixes-2019-03-21

- Fix MI_FLUSH_DW cmd parser on index check (Zhenyu)
- Fix Windows guest font render error (Colin)
- Fix unexpected workload submission for inactive vGPU (Weinan)
- Fix incorrect workload submission in error path (Zhenyu)
- Fix warning for shadow ppgtt mm reclaim list walk with locking (Zhenyu)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Colin Xu (1):
      drm/i915/gvt: Add in context mmio 0x20D8 to gen9 mmio list

Weinan Li (1):
      drm/i915/gvt: stop scheduling workload when vgpu is inactive

Zhenyu Wang (4):
      drm/i915/gvt: Fix MI_FLUSH_DW parsing with correct index check
      drm/i915/gvt: Don't submit request for error workload dispatch
      drm/i915/gvt: Only assign ppgtt root at dispatch time
      drm/i915/gvt: Add mutual lock for ppgtt mm LRU list

 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/cmd_parser.c   |  2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/gtt.c          | 14 +++++++++++++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/gtt.h          |  1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/mmio_context.c |  1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/scheduler.c    | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++--------
 5 files changed, 36 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

Comments

Rodrigo Vivi March 21, 2019, 8:03 p.m. UTC | #1
On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:50:18AM +0800, Zhenyu Wang wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Sorry that I might miss 5.1-rc1 window as I was in full day event
> during this week.

hmm... my bad. I should had remembered that you had stuff queued for
-fixes that we didn't put in -next-fixes....

I'm sorry.

> Here's re-generated gvt-fixes against
> drm-intel-fixes. This contains fixes for newer version of Windows
> driver, e.g fixing parser for MI_FLUSH_DW command and fixed windows
> font render error, with other stable fix in error path, and fix
> unexpected workload submission when vGPU idle, etc. Details are below.

pulled to drm-intel-fixes now, but this is probably just going up
next week.

Thanks,
Rodrigo.

> 
> Thanks!
> --
> The following changes since commit 0f75551216091223efe1f18295f655aff6415385:
> 
>   drm/i915/gvt: release shadow batch buffer and wa_ctx before destroy one workload (2019-01-23 13:58:46 +0800)
> 
> are available in the Git repository at:
> 
>   https://github.com/intel/gvt-linux.git tags/gvt-fixes-2019-03-21
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 72aabfb862e40ee83c136c4f87877c207e6859b7:
> 
>   drm/i915/gvt: Add mutual lock for ppgtt mm LRU list (2019-03-04 14:45:28 +0800)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> gvt-fixes-2019-03-21
> 
> - Fix MI_FLUSH_DW cmd parser on index check (Zhenyu)
> - Fix Windows guest font render error (Colin)
> - Fix unexpected workload submission for inactive vGPU (Weinan)
> - Fix incorrect workload submission in error path (Zhenyu)
> - Fix warning for shadow ppgtt mm reclaim list walk with locking (Zhenyu)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Colin Xu (1):
>       drm/i915/gvt: Add in context mmio 0x20D8 to gen9 mmio list
> 
> Weinan Li (1):
>       drm/i915/gvt: stop scheduling workload when vgpu is inactive
> 
> Zhenyu Wang (4):
>       drm/i915/gvt: Fix MI_FLUSH_DW parsing with correct index check
>       drm/i915/gvt: Don't submit request for error workload dispatch
>       drm/i915/gvt: Only assign ppgtt root at dispatch time
>       drm/i915/gvt: Add mutual lock for ppgtt mm LRU list
> 
>  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/cmd_parser.c   |  2 +-
>  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/gtt.c          | 14 +++++++++++++-
>  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/gtt.h          |  1 +
>  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/mmio_context.c |  1 +
>  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/scheduler.c    | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++--------
>  5 files changed, 36 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
> 
> -- 
> Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.
> 
> $gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827