[PULL,0/3] ppc-for-5.0 queue 20200417
mbox

Message ID 20200417050514.235060-1-david@gibson.dropbear.id.au
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://github.com/dgibson/qemu.git tags/ppc-for-5.0-20200417

Message

David Gibson April 17, 2020, 5:05 a.m. UTC
The following changes since commit 20038cd7a8412feeb49c01f6ede89e36c8995472:

  Update version for v5.0.0-rc3 release (2020-04-15 20:51:54 +0100)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://github.com/dgibson/qemu.git tags/ppc-for-5.0-20200417

for you to fetch changes up to 5ed195065cc6895f61b9d59bfa0a0536ed5ed51e:

  target/ppc: Fix mtmsr(d) L=1 variant that loses interrupts (2020-04-17 10:39:03 +1000)

----------------------------------------------------------------
ppc patch queue for 2020-04-17

Here are a few late bugfixes for qemu-5.0 in the ppc target code.
Unless some really nasty last minute bug shows up, I expect this to be
the last ppc pull request for qemu-5.0.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Ganesh Goudar (1):
      target/ppc: Fix wrong interpretation of the disposition flag.

Nicholas Piggin (1):
      target/ppc: Fix mtmsr(d) L=1 variant that loses interrupts

Richard Henderson (1):
      linux-user/ppc: Fix padding in mcontext_t for ppc64

 linux-user/ppc/signal.c | 69 +++++++++++++++++++++----------------------------
 target/ppc/kvm.c        |  4 +--
 target/ppc/translate.c  | 46 +++++++++++++++++++--------------
 3 files changed, 58 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)

Comments

Peter Maydell April 17, 2020, 8:28 a.m. UTC | #1
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 06:05, David Gibson <david@gibson.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
>
> The following changes since commit 20038cd7a8412feeb49c01f6ede89e36c8995472:
>
>   Update version for v5.0.0-rc3 release (2020-04-15 20:51:54 +0100)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   git://github.com/dgibson/qemu.git tags/ppc-for-5.0-20200417
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 5ed195065cc6895f61b9d59bfa0a0536ed5ed51e:
>
>   target/ppc: Fix mtmsr(d) L=1 variant that loses interrupts (2020-04-17 10:39:03 +1000)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> ppc patch queue for 2020-04-17
>
> Here are a few late bugfixes for qemu-5.0 in the ppc target code.
> Unless some really nasty last minute bug shows up, I expect this to be
> the last ppc pull request for qemu-5.0.
>

We're past rc3 now, so I don't really want to do an rc4 unless we
absolutely critically need to. How important are these bug fixes?

thanks
-- PMM
David Gibson April 17, 2020, 9:14 a.m. UTC | #2
On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 09:28:46AM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 06:05, David Gibson <david@gibson.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
> >
> > The following changes since commit 20038cd7a8412feeb49c01f6ede89e36c8995472:
> >
> >   Update version for v5.0.0-rc3 release (2020-04-15 20:51:54 +0100)
> >
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> >
> >   git://github.com/dgibson/qemu.git tags/ppc-for-5.0-20200417
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to 5ed195065cc6895f61b9d59bfa0a0536ed5ed51e:
> >
> >   target/ppc: Fix mtmsr(d) L=1 variant that loses interrupts (2020-04-17 10:39:03 +1000)
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > ppc patch queue for 2020-04-17
> >
> > Here are a few late bugfixes for qemu-5.0 in the ppc target code.
> > Unless some really nasty last minute bug shows up, I expect this to be
> > the last ppc pull request for qemu-5.0.
> >
> 
> We're past rc3 now, so I don't really want to do an rc4 unless we
> absolutely critically need to. How important are these bug fixes?

Eh, probably not important enough.  They're not regressions AFAICT -
two fairly longstanding bugs, and one bug in a new feature.  It can
wait until 5.1.

But, I guess throw them in if something else does force an rc4.
David Gibson April 17, 2020, 9:18 a.m. UTC | #3
On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 07:14:31PM +1000, David Gibson wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 09:28:46AM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 06:05, David Gibson <david@gibson.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
> > >
> > > The following changes since commit 20038cd7a8412feeb49c01f6ede89e36c8995472:
> > >
> > >   Update version for v5.0.0-rc3 release (2020-04-15 20:51:54 +0100)
> > >
> > > are available in the Git repository at:
> > >
> > >   git://github.com/dgibson/qemu.git tags/ppc-for-5.0-20200417
> > >
> > > for you to fetch changes up to 5ed195065cc6895f61b9d59bfa0a0536ed5ed51e:
> > >
> > >   target/ppc: Fix mtmsr(d) L=1 variant that loses interrupts (2020-04-17 10:39:03 +1000)
> > >
> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > > ppc patch queue for 2020-04-17
> > >
> > > Here are a few late bugfixes for qemu-5.0 in the ppc target code.
> > > Unless some really nasty last minute bug shows up, I expect this to be
> > > the last ppc pull request for qemu-5.0.
> > >
> > 
> > We're past rc3 now, so I don't really want to do an rc4 unless we
> > absolutely critically need to. How important are these bug fixes?
> 
> Eh, probably not important enough.  They're not regressions AFAICT -
> two fairly longstanding bugs, and one bug in a new feature.  It can
> wait until 5.1.
> 
> But, I guess throw them in if something else does force an rc4.

Oof.  Such as, perhaps the TCG temp leak in slbia.  That one *is* a
regression :(.
Peter Maydell April 17, 2020, 9:21 a.m. UTC | #4
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 10:18, David Gibson <david@gibson.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 07:14:31PM +1000, David Gibson wrote:
> > But, I guess throw them in if something else does force an rc4.
>
> Oof.  Such as, perhaps the TCG temp leak in slbia.  That one *is* a
> regression :(.

Yeah, but it's basically harmless -- it's invisible unless
you deliberately build with debug, and it would only
cause a problem if guest code had a huge long run of
slbia insns all in a row, which it won't unless it's
being deliberately silly.

thanks
-- PMM
David Gibson April 17, 2020, 9:22 a.m. UTC | #5
On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 10:21:34AM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 10:18, David Gibson <david@gibson.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 07:14:31PM +1000, David Gibson wrote:
> > > But, I guess throw them in if something else does force an rc4.
> >
> > Oof.  Such as, perhaps the TCG temp leak in slbia.  That one *is* a
> > regression :(.
> 
> Yeah, but it's basically harmless -- it's invisible unless
> you deliberately build with debug, and it would only
> cause a problem if guest code had a huge long run of
> slbia insns all in a row, which it won't unless it's
> being deliberately silly.

Yeah, fair call.
Peter Maydell April 20, 2020, 9:19 p.m. UTC | #6
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 06:05, David Gibson <david@gibson.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
>
> The following changes since commit 20038cd7a8412feeb49c01f6ede89e36c8995472:
>
>   Update version for v5.0.0-rc3 release (2020-04-15 20:51:54 +0100)
>
> are available in the Git repository at:
>
>   git://github.com/dgibson/qemu.git tags/ppc-for-5.0-20200417
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 5ed195065cc6895f61b9d59bfa0a0536ed5ed51e:
>
>   target/ppc: Fix mtmsr(d) L=1 variant that loses interrupts (2020-04-17 10:39:03 +1000)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> ppc patch queue for 2020-04-17
>
> Here are a few late bugfixes for qemu-5.0 in the ppc target code.
> Unless some really nasty last minute bug shows up, I expect this to be
> the last ppc pull request for qemu-5.0.

Applied, thanks (since we needed an rc4 anyway).

Please update the changelog at https://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/5.0
for any user-visible changes.

-- PMM