mbox series

[v5,00/11] KVM SGX virtualization support (KVM part)

Message ID cover.1618196135.git.kai.huang@intel.com (mailing list archive)
Headers show
Series KVM SGX virtualization support (KVM part) | expand

Message

Kai Huang April 12, 2021, 4:21 a.m. UTC
Hi Paolo, Sean,

Boris has merged x86 part patches to the tip/x86/sgx. This series is KVM part
patches. Due to some code change in x86 part patches, two KVM patches need
update so this is the new version. Please help to review. Thanks!

Specifically, x86 patch (x86/sgx: Add helpers to expose ECREATE and EINIT to
KVM) was changed to return -EINVAL directly w/o setting trapnr when 
access_ok()s fail on any user pointers, so KVM patches:

KVM: VMX: Add SGX ENCLS[ECREATE] handler to enforce CPUID restrictions
KVM: VMX: Add ENCLS[EINIT] handler to support SGX Launch Control (LC)

were updated to handle this case.

This seris was firstly based on tip/x86/sgx, and then rebased to latest
kvm/queue, so it can be applied to kvm/queue directly now.

Changelog:

(Please see individual patch for changelog for specific patch)

v4->v5:
 - Addressed Sean's comments (patch 06, 07, 09 were slightly updated).
 - Rebased to latest kvm/queue (patch 08, 11 were updated to resolve conflict).

Sean Christopherson (11):
  KVM: x86: Export kvm_mmu_gva_to_gpa_{read,write}() for SGX (VMX)
  KVM: x86: Define new #PF SGX error code bit
  KVM: x86: Add support for reverse CPUID lookup of scattered features
  KVM: x86: Add reverse-CPUID lookup support for scattered SGX features
  KVM: VMX: Add basic handling of VM-Exit from SGX enclave
  KVM: VMX: Frame in ENCLS handler for SGX virtualization
  KVM: VMX: Add SGX ENCLS[ECREATE] handler to enforce CPUID restrictions
  KVM: VMX: Add emulation of SGX Launch Control LE hash MSRs
  KVM: VMX: Add ENCLS[EINIT] handler to support SGX Launch Control (LC)
  KVM: VMX: Enable SGX virtualization for SGX1, SGX2 and LC
  KVM: x86: Add capability to grant VM access to privileged SGX
    attribute

 Documentation/virt/kvm/api.rst  |  23 ++
 arch/x86/include/asm/kvm_host.h |   5 +
 arch/x86/include/asm/vmx.h      |   1 +
 arch/x86/include/uapi/asm/vmx.h |   1 +
 arch/x86/kvm/Makefile           |   2 +
 arch/x86/kvm/cpuid.c            |  89 +++++-
 arch/x86/kvm/cpuid.h            |  50 +++-
 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/nested.c       |  28 +-
 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/nested.h       |   5 +
 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.c          | 502 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.h          |  34 +++
 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmcs12.c       |   1 +
 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmcs12.h       |   4 +-
 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmx.c          | 109 ++++++-
 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmx.h          |   3 +
 arch/x86/kvm/x86.c              |  23 ++
 include/uapi/linux/kvm.h        |   1 +
 17 files changed, 858 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.c
 create mode 100644 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.h

Comments

Paolo Bonzini April 13, 2021, 2:51 p.m. UTC | #1
On 12/04/21 06:21, Kai Huang wrote:
> Hi Paolo, Sean,
> 
> Boris has merged x86 part patches to the tip/x86/sgx. This series is KVM part
> patches. Due to some code change in x86 part patches, two KVM patches need
> update so this is the new version. Please help to review. Thanks!
> 
> Specifically, x86 patch (x86/sgx: Add helpers to expose ECREATE and EINIT to
> KVM) was changed to return -EINVAL directly w/o setting trapnr when
> access_ok()s fail on any user pointers, so KVM patches:
> 
> KVM: VMX: Add SGX ENCLS[ECREATE] handler to enforce CPUID restrictions
> KVM: VMX: Add ENCLS[EINIT] handler to support SGX Launch Control (LC)
> 
> were updated to handle this case.
> 
> This seris was firstly based on tip/x86/sgx, and then rebased to latest
> kvm/queue, so it can be applied to kvm/queue directly now.

Boris, can you confirm that tip/x86/sgx has stable commit hashes?

Thanks,

Paolo

> Changelog:
> 
> (Please see individual patch for changelog for specific patch)
> 
> v4->v5:
>   - Addressed Sean's comments (patch 06, 07, 09 were slightly updated).
>   - Rebased to latest kvm/queue (patch 08, 11 were updated to resolve conflict).
> 
> Sean Christopherson (11):
>    KVM: x86: Export kvm_mmu_gva_to_gpa_{read,write}() for SGX (VMX)
>    KVM: x86: Define new #PF SGX error code bit
>    KVM: x86: Add support for reverse CPUID lookup of scattered features
>    KVM: x86: Add reverse-CPUID lookup support for scattered SGX features
>    KVM: VMX: Add basic handling of VM-Exit from SGX enclave
>    KVM: VMX: Frame in ENCLS handler for SGX virtualization
>    KVM: VMX: Add SGX ENCLS[ECREATE] handler to enforce CPUID restrictions
>    KVM: VMX: Add emulation of SGX Launch Control LE hash MSRs
>    KVM: VMX: Add ENCLS[EINIT] handler to support SGX Launch Control (LC)
>    KVM: VMX: Enable SGX virtualization for SGX1, SGX2 and LC
>    KVM: x86: Add capability to grant VM access to privileged SGX
>      attribute
> 
>   Documentation/virt/kvm/api.rst  |  23 ++
>   arch/x86/include/asm/kvm_host.h |   5 +
>   arch/x86/include/asm/vmx.h      |   1 +
>   arch/x86/include/uapi/asm/vmx.h |   1 +
>   arch/x86/kvm/Makefile           |   2 +
>   arch/x86/kvm/cpuid.c            |  89 +++++-
>   arch/x86/kvm/cpuid.h            |  50 +++-
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/nested.c       |  28 +-
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/nested.h       |   5 +
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.c          | 502 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.h          |  34 +++
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmcs12.c       |   1 +
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmcs12.h       |   4 +-
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmx.c          | 109 ++++++-
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmx.h          |   3 +
>   arch/x86/kvm/x86.c              |  23 ++
>   include/uapi/linux/kvm.h        |   1 +
>   17 files changed, 858 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)
>   create mode 100644 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.c
>   create mode 100644 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.h
>
Borislav Petkov April 13, 2021, 3:01 p.m. UTC | #2
On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 04:51:50PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Boris, can you confirm that tip/x86/sgx has stable commit hashes?

Yap, you can go ahead and merge it.

Thx.
Kai Huang April 13, 2021, 9:47 p.m. UTC | #3
On Tue, 2021-04-13 at 17:01 +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 04:51:50PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> > Boris, can you confirm that tip/x86/sgx has stable commit hashes?
> 
> Yap, you can go ahead and merge it.
> 
> Thx.
> 
Thank you Boris, Paolo!
Paolo Bonzini April 17, 2021, 2:15 p.m. UTC | #4
On 12/04/21 06:21, Kai Huang wrote:
> Hi Paolo, Sean,
> 
> Boris has merged x86 part patches to the tip/x86/sgx. This series is KVM part
> patches. Due to some code change in x86 part patches, two KVM patches need
> update so this is the new version. Please help to review. Thanks!
> 
> Specifically, x86 patch (x86/sgx: Add helpers to expose ECREATE and EINIT to
> KVM) was changed to return -EINVAL directly w/o setting trapnr when
> access_ok()s fail on any user pointers, so KVM patches:
> 
> KVM: VMX: Add SGX ENCLS[ECREATE] handler to enforce CPUID restrictions
> KVM: VMX: Add ENCLS[EINIT] handler to support SGX Launch Control (LC)
> 
> were updated to handle this case.
> 
> This seris was firstly based on tip/x86/sgx, and then rebased to latest
> kvm/queue, so it can be applied to kvm/queue directly now.
> 
> Changelog:
> 
> (Please see individual patch for changelog for specific patch)
> 
> v4->v5:
>   - Addressed Sean's comments (patch 06, 07, 09 were slightly updated).
>   - Rebased to latest kvm/queue (patch 08, 11 were updated to resolve conflict).
> 
> Sean Christopherson (11):
>    KVM: x86: Export kvm_mmu_gva_to_gpa_{read,write}() for SGX (VMX)
>    KVM: x86: Define new #PF SGX error code bit
>    KVM: x86: Add support for reverse CPUID lookup of scattered features
>    KVM: x86: Add reverse-CPUID lookup support for scattered SGX features
>    KVM: VMX: Add basic handling of VM-Exit from SGX enclave
>    KVM: VMX: Frame in ENCLS handler for SGX virtualization
>    KVM: VMX: Add SGX ENCLS[ECREATE] handler to enforce CPUID restrictions
>    KVM: VMX: Add emulation of SGX Launch Control LE hash MSRs
>    KVM: VMX: Add ENCLS[EINIT] handler to support SGX Launch Control (LC)
>    KVM: VMX: Enable SGX virtualization for SGX1, SGX2 and LC
>    KVM: x86: Add capability to grant VM access to privileged SGX
>      attribute
> 
>   Documentation/virt/kvm/api.rst  |  23 ++
>   arch/x86/include/asm/kvm_host.h |   5 +
>   arch/x86/include/asm/vmx.h      |   1 +
>   arch/x86/include/uapi/asm/vmx.h |   1 +
>   arch/x86/kvm/Makefile           |   2 +
>   arch/x86/kvm/cpuid.c            |  89 +++++-
>   arch/x86/kvm/cpuid.h            |  50 +++-
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/nested.c       |  28 +-
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/nested.h       |   5 +
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.c          | 502 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.h          |  34 +++
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmcs12.c       |   1 +
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmcs12.h       |   4 +-
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmx.c          | 109 ++++++-
>   arch/x86/kvm/vmx/vmx.h          |   3 +
>   arch/x86/kvm/x86.c              |  23 ++
>   include/uapi/linux/kvm.h        |   1 +
>   17 files changed, 858 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)
>   create mode 100644 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.c
>   create mode 100644 arch/x86/kvm/vmx/sgx.h
> 

Queued, thanks.

Paolo