mbox series

[00/18] Fix idxd sub-drivers setup

Message ID 162163546245.260470.18336189072934823712.stgit@djiang5-desk3.ch.intel.com (mailing list archive)
Headers show
Series Fix idxd sub-drivers setup | expand

Message

Dave Jiang May 21, 2021, 10:21 p.m. UTC
Vinod,
Please consider this series for the 5.14 merge window. Thank you!

The original dsa_bus_type did not use idiomatic mechanisms for attaching
dsa-devices to dsa-drivers. Switch to the idiomatic style. Once this
cleanup is in place it will ease the addition of the VFIO mdev driver
as another dsa-driver.

---

Dave Jiang (18):
      dmaengine: idxd: add driver register helper
      dmaengine: idxd: add driver name
      dmaengine: idxd: add 'struct idxd_dev' as wrapper for conf_dev
      dmaengine: idxd: remove IDXD_DEV_CONF_READY
      dmaengine: idxd: move wq_enable() to device.c
      dmaengine: idxd: move wq_disable() to device.c
      dmaengine: idxd: remove bus shutdown
      dmaengine: idxd: remove iax_bus_type prototype
      dmaengine: idxd: fix bus_probe() and bus_remove() for dsa_bus
      dmaengine: idxd: move probe() bits for idxd 'struct device' to device.c
      dmaengine: idxd: idxd: move remove() bits for idxd 'struct device' to device.c
      dmanegine: idxd: open code the dsa_drv registration
      dmaengine: idxd: add type to driver in order to allow device matching
      dmaengine: idxd: create idxd_device sub-driver
      dmaengine: idxd: create dmaengine driver for wq 'device'
      dmaengine: idxd: create user driver for wq 'device'
      dmaengine: dsa: move dsa_bus_type out of idxd driver to standalone
      dmaengine: idxd: move dsa_drv support to compatible mode


 drivers/dma/Kconfig       |  21 ++
 drivers/dma/Makefile      |   2 +-
 drivers/dma/idxd/Makefile |   8 +
 drivers/dma/idxd/bus.c    |  92 +++++++
 drivers/dma/idxd/cdev.c   |  65 ++++-
 drivers/dma/idxd/compat.c | 114 ++++++++
 drivers/dma/idxd/device.c | 207 +++++++++++++-
 drivers/dma/idxd/dma.c    |  82 +++++-
 drivers/dma/idxd/idxd.h   | 129 +++++++--
 drivers/dma/idxd/init.c   | 132 ++++-----
 drivers/dma/idxd/irq.c    |   2 +-
 drivers/dma/idxd/sysfs.c  | 553 +++++++-------------------------------
 12 files changed, 868 insertions(+), 539 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/idxd/bus.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/idxd/compat.c

--

Comments

Dave Jiang June 14, 2021, 5:18 p.m. UTC | #1
On 5/21/2021 3:21 PM, Dave Jiang wrote:
> Vinod,
> Please consider this series for the 5.14 merge window. Thank you!

Hi Vinod. Gently ping on this series. Thanks!


>
> The original dsa_bus_type did not use idiomatic mechanisms for attaching
> dsa-devices to dsa-drivers. Switch to the idiomatic style. Once this
> cleanup is in place it will ease the addition of the VFIO mdev driver
> as another dsa-driver.
>
> ---
>
> Dave Jiang (18):
>        dmaengine: idxd: add driver register helper
>        dmaengine: idxd: add driver name
>        dmaengine: idxd: add 'struct idxd_dev' as wrapper for conf_dev
>        dmaengine: idxd: remove IDXD_DEV_CONF_READY
>        dmaengine: idxd: move wq_enable() to device.c
>        dmaengine: idxd: move wq_disable() to device.c
>        dmaengine: idxd: remove bus shutdown
>        dmaengine: idxd: remove iax_bus_type prototype
>        dmaengine: idxd: fix bus_probe() and bus_remove() for dsa_bus
>        dmaengine: idxd: move probe() bits for idxd 'struct device' to device.c
>        dmaengine: idxd: idxd: move remove() bits for idxd 'struct device' to device.c
>        dmanegine: idxd: open code the dsa_drv registration
>        dmaengine: idxd: add type to driver in order to allow device matching
>        dmaengine: idxd: create idxd_device sub-driver
>        dmaengine: idxd: create dmaengine driver for wq 'device'
>        dmaengine: idxd: create user driver for wq 'device'
>        dmaengine: dsa: move dsa_bus_type out of idxd driver to standalone
>        dmaengine: idxd: move dsa_drv support to compatible mode
>
>
>   drivers/dma/Kconfig       |  21 ++
>   drivers/dma/Makefile      |   2 +-
>   drivers/dma/idxd/Makefile |   8 +
>   drivers/dma/idxd/bus.c    |  92 +++++++
>   drivers/dma/idxd/cdev.c   |  65 ++++-
>   drivers/dma/idxd/compat.c | 114 ++++++++
>   drivers/dma/idxd/device.c | 207 +++++++++++++-
>   drivers/dma/idxd/dma.c    |  82 +++++-
>   drivers/dma/idxd/idxd.h   | 129 +++++++--
>   drivers/dma/idxd/init.c   | 132 ++++-----
>   drivers/dma/idxd/irq.c    |   2 +-
>   drivers/dma/idxd/sysfs.c  | 553 +++++++-------------------------------
>   12 files changed, 868 insertions(+), 539 deletions(-)
>   create mode 100644 drivers/dma/idxd/bus.c
>   create mode 100644 drivers/dma/idxd/compat.c
>
> --
>
Dave Jiang June 28, 2021, 4:53 p.m. UTC | #2
On 6/14/2021 10:18 AM, Dave Jiang wrote:
>
> On 5/21/2021 3:21 PM, Dave Jiang wrote:
>> Vinod,
>> Please consider this series for the 5.14 merge window. Thank you!
>
> Hi Vinod. Gently ping on this series. Thanks!

Hi Vinod, any chance this series make it into 5.14 merge window? Thanks!


>
>
>>
>> The original dsa_bus_type did not use idiomatic mechanisms for attaching
>> dsa-devices to dsa-drivers. Switch to the idiomatic style. Once this
>> cleanup is in place it will ease the addition of the VFIO mdev driver
>> as another dsa-driver.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Dave Jiang (18):
>>        dmaengine: idxd: add driver register helper
>>        dmaengine: idxd: add driver name
>>        dmaengine: idxd: add 'struct idxd_dev' as wrapper for conf_dev
>>        dmaengine: idxd: remove IDXD_DEV_CONF_READY
>>        dmaengine: idxd: move wq_enable() to device.c
>>        dmaengine: idxd: move wq_disable() to device.c
>>        dmaengine: idxd: remove bus shutdown
>>        dmaengine: idxd: remove iax_bus_type prototype
>>        dmaengine: idxd: fix bus_probe() and bus_remove() for dsa_bus
>>        dmaengine: idxd: move probe() bits for idxd 'struct device' to 
>> device.c
>>        dmaengine: idxd: idxd: move remove() bits for idxd 'struct 
>> device' to device.c
>>        dmanegine: idxd: open code the dsa_drv registration
>>        dmaengine: idxd: add type to driver in order to allow device 
>> matching
>>        dmaengine: idxd: create idxd_device sub-driver
>>        dmaengine: idxd: create dmaengine driver for wq 'device'
>>        dmaengine: idxd: create user driver for wq 'device'
>>        dmaengine: dsa: move dsa_bus_type out of idxd driver to 
>> standalone
>>        dmaengine: idxd: move dsa_drv support to compatible mode
>>
>>
>>   drivers/dma/Kconfig       |  21 ++
>>   drivers/dma/Makefile      |   2 +-
>>   drivers/dma/idxd/Makefile |   8 +
>>   drivers/dma/idxd/bus.c    |  92 +++++++
>>   drivers/dma/idxd/cdev.c   |  65 ++++-
>>   drivers/dma/idxd/compat.c | 114 ++++++++
>>   drivers/dma/idxd/device.c | 207 +++++++++++++-
>>   drivers/dma/idxd/dma.c    |  82 +++++-
>>   drivers/dma/idxd/idxd.h   | 129 +++++++--
>>   drivers/dma/idxd/init.c   | 132 ++++-----
>>   drivers/dma/idxd/irq.c    |   2 +-
>>   drivers/dma/idxd/sysfs.c  | 553 +++++++-------------------------------
>>   12 files changed, 868 insertions(+), 539 deletions(-)
>>   create mode 100644 drivers/dma/idxd/bus.c
>>   create mode 100644 drivers/dma/idxd/compat.c
>>
>> -- 
>>
Vinod Koul July 2, 2021, 3:44 a.m. UTC | #3
On 28-06-21, 09:53, Dave Jiang wrote:
> 
> On 6/14/2021 10:18 AM, Dave Jiang wrote:
> > 
> > On 5/21/2021 3:21 PM, Dave Jiang wrote:
> > > Vinod,
> > > Please consider this series for the 5.14 merge window. Thank you!
> > 
> > Hi Vinod. Gently ping on this series. Thanks!
> 
> Hi Vinod, any chance this series make it into 5.14 merge window? Thanks!

Hi Dave,

Sorry we are late, I will review and do the needful once the merge
window closes

Thanks