mbox series

[0/7] r8a7742: Enable DU and LVDS

Message ID 20200807174954.14448-1-prabhakar.mahadev-lad.rj@bp.renesas.com (mailing list archive)
Headers show
Series r8a7742: Enable DU and LVDS | expand

Message

Lad Prabhakar Aug. 7, 2020, 5:49 p.m. UTC
Hi All,

This patch series adds support for DU and LVDS to r8a7742
SoC and enables LCD support on r8a7742-iwg21d-q7 board.

This patch series applies on top of [1].

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geert/
    renesas-devel.git/log/?h=renesas-arm-dt-for-v5.10

Cheers,
Prabhakar

Lad Prabhakar (7):
  dt-bindings: display: renesas,du: Document the r8a7742 bindings
  drm: rcar-du: Add r8a7742 support
  dt-bindings: display: renesas,lvds: Document r8a7742 bindings
  drm: rcar-du: lvds: Add r8a7742 support
  ARM: dts: r8a7742: Add DU support
  ARM: dts: r8a7742: Add LVDS support
  ARM: dts: r8a7742-iwg21d-q7: Add LCD support

 .../bindings/display/bridge/renesas,lvds.txt  |  1 +
 .../bindings/display/renesas,du.txt           |  2 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7742-iwg21d-q7.dts       | 84 +++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7742.dtsi                | 89 +++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/rcar-du/rcar_du_drv.c         |  5 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/rcar-du/rcar_lvds.c           |  1 +
 6 files changed, 180 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

Comments

Laurent Pinchart Aug. 8, 2020, 8:55 p.m. UTC | #1
Hi Prabhakar,

Thank you for the patches.

On Fri, Aug 07, 2020 at 06:49:47PM +0100, Lad Prabhakar wrote:
> Hi All,
> 
> This patch series adds support for DU and LVDS to r8a7742
> SoC and enables LCD support on r8a7742-iwg21d-q7 board.
> 
> This patch series applies on top of [1].
> 
> [1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geert/
>     renesas-devel.git/log/?h=renesas-arm-dt-for-v5.10

The driver changes will need to go through the DRM/KMS tree, and I'd
recommend the DT binding changes to go the same route as well. I can
handle the rebase when applying, and once the bindings get accept, you
can ask Geert to upstream the last 3 patchs. Would that work for you ?

> Lad Prabhakar (7):
>   dt-bindings: display: renesas,du: Document the r8a7742 bindings
>   drm: rcar-du: Add r8a7742 support
>   dt-bindings: display: renesas,lvds: Document r8a7742 bindings
>   drm: rcar-du: lvds: Add r8a7742 support
>   ARM: dts: r8a7742: Add DU support
>   ARM: dts: r8a7742: Add LVDS support
>   ARM: dts: r8a7742-iwg21d-q7: Add LCD support
> 
>  .../bindings/display/bridge/renesas,lvds.txt  |  1 +
>  .../bindings/display/renesas,du.txt           |  2 +
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7742-iwg21d-q7.dts       | 84 +++++++++++++++++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7742.dtsi                | 89 +++++++++++++++++++
>  drivers/gpu/drm/rcar-du/rcar_du_drv.c         |  5 +-
>  drivers/gpu/drm/rcar-du/rcar_lvds.c           |  1 +
>  6 files changed, 180 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
Lad, Prabhakar Aug. 9, 2020, 9:43 p.m. UTC | #2
Hi Laurent,

Thank you for the quick review.

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 9:55 PM Laurent Pinchart
<laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Prabhakar,
>
> Thank you for the patches.
>
> On Fri, Aug 07, 2020 at 06:49:47PM +0100, Lad Prabhakar wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > This patch series adds support for DU and LVDS to r8a7742
> > SoC and enables LCD support on r8a7742-iwg21d-q7 board.
> >
> > This patch series applies on top of [1].
> >
> > [1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geert/
> >     renesas-devel.git/log/?h=renesas-arm-dt-for-v5.10
>
> The driver changes will need to go through the DRM/KMS tree, and I'd
> recommend the DT binding changes to go the same route as well. I can
> handle the rebase when applying, and once the bindings get accept, you
> can ask Geert to upstream the last 3 patchs. Would that work for you ?
>
I'm OK with it as long as Geert is happy. (Fyi I still have bunch of
patches for G1H)

Cheers,
Prabhakar

> > Lad Prabhakar (7):
> >   dt-bindings: display: renesas,du: Document the r8a7742 bindings
> >   drm: rcar-du: Add r8a7742 support
> >   dt-bindings: display: renesas,lvds: Document r8a7742 bindings
> >   drm: rcar-du: lvds: Add r8a7742 support
> >   ARM: dts: r8a7742: Add DU support
> >   ARM: dts: r8a7742: Add LVDS support
> >   ARM: dts: r8a7742-iwg21d-q7: Add LCD support
> >
> >  .../bindings/display/bridge/renesas,lvds.txt  |  1 +
> >  .../bindings/display/renesas,du.txt           |  2 +
> >  arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7742-iwg21d-q7.dts       | 84 +++++++++++++++++
> >  arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7742.dtsi                | 89 +++++++++++++++++++
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/rcar-du/rcar_du_drv.c         |  5 +-
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/rcar-du/rcar_lvds.c           |  1 +
> >  6 files changed, 180 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Laurent Pinchart
Geert Uytterhoeven Aug. 10, 2020, 8:27 a.m. UTC | #3
Hi Prabhakar,

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 11:44 PM Lad, Prabhakar
<prabhakar.csengg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 9:55 PM Laurent Pinchart
> <laurent.pinchart@ideasonboard.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 07, 2020 at 06:49:47PM +0100, Lad Prabhakar wrote:
> > > This patch series adds support for DU and LVDS to r8a7742
> > > SoC and enables LCD support on r8a7742-iwg21d-q7 board.
> > >
> > > This patch series applies on top of [1].
> > >
> > > [1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geert/
> > >     renesas-devel.git/log/?h=renesas-arm-dt-for-v5.10
> >
> > The driver changes will need to go through the DRM/KMS tree, and I'd
> > recommend the DT binding changes to go the same route as well. I can
> > handle the rebase when applying, and once the bindings get accept, you
> > can ask Geert to upstream the last 3 patchs. Would that work for you ?
> >
> I'm OK with it as long as Geert is happy. (Fyi I still have bunch of
> patches for G1H)

I'm fine with that.  BTW, I use an R-b from Laurent on the DT bindings
as the acceptance criterium, so you're good.

> > > Lad Prabhakar (7):
> > >   dt-bindings: display: renesas,du: Document the r8a7742 bindings
> > >   drm: rcar-du: Add r8a7742 support
> > >   dt-bindings: display: renesas,lvds: Document r8a7742 bindings
> > >   drm: rcar-du: lvds: Add r8a7742 support
> > >   ARM: dts: r8a7742: Add DU support
> > >   ARM: dts: r8a7742: Add LVDS support
> > >   ARM: dts: r8a7742-iwg21d-q7: Add LCD support

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert


--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert@linux-m68k.org

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
                                -- Linus Torvalds