mbox

[PULL,00/30] ppc-for-6.0 queue 20201211

Message ID 20201211041507.425378-1-david@gibson.dropbear.id.au (mailing list archive)
State New, archived
Headers show

Pull-request

https://gitlab.com/dgibson/qemu.git tags/ppc-for-6.0-20201211

Message

David Gibson Dec. 11, 2020, 4:14 a.m. UTC
The following changes since commit 2ecfc0657afa5d29a373271b342f704a1a3c6737:

  Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/armbru/tags/pull-misc-2020-12-10' into staging (2020-12-10 17:01:05 +0000)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://gitlab.com/dgibson/qemu.git tags/ppc-for-6.0-20201211

for you to fetch changes up to 7728c7ef126468a3e982b03b427196b1cccfa2c8:

  spapr.c: set a 'kvm-type' default value instead of relying on NULL (2020-12-11 12:02:10 +1100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
ppc patch queue 2020-12-11

Here's my first pull request for qemu-6.0, with a bunch of things
queued over the freeze.  Highlights are:
 * A bunch of cleanups to hotplug error paths from Greg Kurz
 * A number of TCG fixes from new contributor LemonBoy
 * Added Greg Kurz as co-maintainer
 * Assorted other bugfixes and cleanups

----------------------------------------------------------------
Chen Qun (2):
      target/ppc: replaced the TODO with LOG_UNIMP and add break for silence warnings
      ppc: Add a missing break for PPC6xx_INPUT_TBEN

Cédric Le Goater (1):
      xive: Add trace events

Daniel Henrique Barboza (1):
      spapr.c: set a 'kvm-type' default value instead of relying on NULL

David Gibson (1):
      MAINTAINERS: Add Greg Kurz as co-maintainer for ppc

Gan Qixin (1):
      ppc/e500: Free irqs array to avoid memleak

Greg Kurz (17):
      spapr/xive: Turn some sanity checks into assertions
      spapr/xics: Drop unused argument to xics_kvm_has_broken_disconnect()
      spapr: Do PCI device hotplug sanity checks at pre-plug only
      spapr: Do NVDIMM/PC-DIMM device hotplug sanity checks at pre-plug only
      spapr: Make PHB placement functions and spapr_pre_plug_phb() return status
      spapr: Do PHB hoplug sanity check at pre-plug
      spapr: Do TPM proxy hotplug sanity checks at pre-plug
      spapr: Fix pre-2.10 dummy ICP hack
      spapr: Abort if ppc_set_compat() fails for hot-plugged CPUs
      spapr: Simplify error path of spapr_core_plug()
      spapr: spapr_drc_attach() cannot fail
      target/ppc: Remove "compat" property of server class POWER CPUs
      hw/ppc: Do not re-read the clock on pre_save if doing savevm
      target/ppc: Introduce an mmu_is_64bit() helper
      spapr: Pass sPAPR machine state down to spapr_pci_switch_vga()
      spapr: Don't use qdev_get_machine() in spapr_msi_write()
      spapr: Pass sPAPR machine state to some RTAS events handling functions

LemonBoy (5):
      ppc/translate: Fix unordered f64/f128 comparisons
      ppc/translate: Turn the helper macros into functions
      ppc/translate: Delay NaN checking after comparison
      ppc/translate: Raise exceptions after setting the cc
      ppc/translate: Rewrite gen_lxvdsx to use gvec primitives

Philippe Mathieu-Daudé (1):
      hw/ppc/spapr_tpm_proxy: Fix hexadecimal format string specifier

Stephane Duverger (1):
      ppc/translate: Use POWERPC_MMU_64 to detect 64-bit MMU models

 MAINTAINERS                         |  17 ++-
 docs/system/deprecated.rst          |   7 --
 hw/intc/spapr_xive.c                |  47 ++++++--
 hw/intc/spapr_xive_kvm.c            |   5 +
 hw/intc/trace-events                |  33 ++++++
 hw/intc/xics_kvm.c                  |   2 +-
 hw/intc/xive.c                      |  40 ++++++-
 hw/ppc/e500.c                       |   1 +
 hw/ppc/ppc.c                        |   6 +-
 hw/ppc/spapr.c                      | 186 ++++++++++++++++--------------
 hw/ppc/spapr_drc.c                  |   8 +-
 hw/ppc/spapr_events.c               |  21 ++--
 hw/ppc/spapr_hcall.c                |   7 +-
 hw/ppc/spapr_irq.c                  |   2 +-
 hw/ppc/spapr_nvdimm.c               |  11 +-
 hw/ppc/spapr_pci.c                  |  48 +++++---
 hw/ppc/trace-events                 |   2 +-
 include/hw/ppc/spapr.h              |   4 +-
 include/hw/ppc/spapr_drc.h          |   8 +-
 include/hw/ppc/spapr_nvdimm.h       |   2 +-
 include/hw/ppc/xics_spapr.h         |   2 +-
 target/ppc/cpu-qom.h                |   5 +
 target/ppc/excp_helper.c            |   4 +-
 target/ppc/fpu_helper.c             | 220 +++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 target/ppc/machine.c                |   4 +-
 target/ppc/mmu-hash64.c             |   2 +-
 target/ppc/mmu_helper.c             |  15 +--
 target/ppc/translate.c              |   4 +-
 target/ppc/translate/vsx-impl.c.inc |  46 ++++----
 target/ppc/translate_init.c.inc     |  61 +---------
 30 files changed, 478 insertions(+), 342 deletions(-)

Comments

Philippe Mathieu-Daudé Dec. 11, 2020, 12:35 p.m. UTC | #1
On 12/11/20 5:14 AM, David Gibson wrote:
> The following changes since commit 2ecfc0657afa5d29a373271b342f704a1a3c6737:
> 
>   Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/armbru/tags/pull-misc-2020-12-10' into staging (2020-12-10 17:01:05 +0000)
> 
> are available in the Git repository at:
> 
>   https://gitlab.com/dgibson/qemu.git tags/ppc-for-6.0-20201211
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 7728c7ef126468a3e982b03b427196b1cccfa2c8:
> 
>   spapr.c: set a 'kvm-type' default value instead of relying on NULL (2020-12-11 12:02:10 +1100)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> ppc patch queue 2020-12-11
> 
> Here's my first pull request for qemu-6.0, with a bunch of things
> queued over the freeze.  Highlights are:
>  * A bunch of cleanups to hotplug error paths from Greg Kurz
>  * A number of TCG fixes from new contributor LemonBoy
>  * Added Greg Kurz as co-maintainer
>  * Assorted other bugfixes and cleanups
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
...
> 
> LemonBoy (5):
>       ppc/translate: Fix unordered f64/f128 comparisons
>       ppc/translate: Turn the helper macros into functions
>       ppc/translate: Delay NaN checking after comparison
>       ppc/translate: Raise exceptions after setting the cc
>       ppc/translate: Rewrite gen_lxvdsx to use gvec primitives

I was surprised by that author and went to check the wiki
https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch#Patch_emails_must_include_a_Signed-off-by:_line

  Please use your real name to sign a patch (not an alias or acronym).
  If you wrote the patch, make sure your "From:" and "Signed-off-by:"
  lines use the same spelling.

The patches are signed with Giuseppe real name, so this is OK.
Author can be fixed up later in .mailmap.
Peter Maydell Dec. 11, 2020, 12:48 p.m. UTC | #2
On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 at 12:35, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <philmd@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On 12/11/20 5:14 AM, David Gibson wrote:
> > LemonBoy (5):
> >       ppc/translate: Fix unordered f64/f128 comparisons
> >       ppc/translate: Turn the helper macros into functions
> >       ppc/translate: Delay NaN checking after comparison
> >       ppc/translate: Raise exceptions after setting the cc
> >       ppc/translate: Rewrite gen_lxvdsx to use gvec primitives
>
> I was surprised by that author and went to check the wiki
> https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch#Patch_emails_must_include_a_Signed-off-by:_line
>
>   Please use your real name to sign a patch (not an alias or acronym).
>   If you wrote the patch, make sure your "From:" and "Signed-off-by:"
>   lines use the same spelling.
>
> The patches are signed with Giuseppe real name, so this is OK.
> Author can be fixed up later in .mailmap.

Well, it could be, but since we've caught this before the pullreq
has been merged into master we might as well fix up the From
lines in the commits directly. David, would you mind doing that
and resending?

Thanks for the catch, Philippe.

thanks
-- PMM
David Gibson Dec. 14, 2020, 4:58 a.m. UTC | #3
On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 12:48:05PM +0000, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 at 12:35, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <philmd@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 12/11/20 5:14 AM, David Gibson wrote:
> > > LemonBoy (5):
> > >       ppc/translate: Fix unordered f64/f128 comparisons
> > >       ppc/translate: Turn the helper macros into functions
> > >       ppc/translate: Delay NaN checking after comparison
> > >       ppc/translate: Raise exceptions after setting the cc
> > >       ppc/translate: Rewrite gen_lxvdsx to use gvec primitives
> >
> > I was surprised by that author and went to check the wiki
> > https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch#Patch_emails_must_include_a_Signed-off-by:_line
> >
> >   Please use your real name to sign a patch (not an alias or acronym).
> >   If you wrote the patch, make sure your "From:" and "Signed-off-by:"
> >   lines use the same spelling.
> >
> > The patches are signed with Giuseppe real name, so this is OK.
> > Author can be fixed up later in .mailmap.
> 
> Well, it could be, but since we've caught this before the pullreq
> has been merged into master we might as well fix up the From
> lines in the commits directly. David, would you mind doing that
> and resending?

Done.

> 
> Thanks for the catch, Philippe.
> 
> thanks
> -- PMM
>